Stupidest injury ever!!!!!!!!

DrumsPlus

Got home tonight, and wanted to start practicing for the show in Rochester (Red House). Things were going great, I was really getting into the grove, and then BAM, hit a rim shot and my stick comes flying out of my hand and acorn first into my right eye.

Now anyone who knows me knows I hit hard, so this wasn’t a little smack in the eye. I mean fall off the throne, two cuts over my eye, and swelled shut in about 5 second smack to the eye. God I feel like an idiot. Both of my kids had to help me peel my contact out of my eye. Well I guess I have to call it a night.

Hope you guys had a better practice than me.

kylevater

hope its ok dude
ive been poked in the eye really hard goffing around before
not fun
and i dont even want to mention a certain toothpaste in the eye incident

oh and an even dumber injury: i ripped myself a new asshole from slipping in the shower and hitting the soapdish
broke the dish in 2 and had to get like, 9 staples in my butt
still have the scar
if any of you come to my drt in my room you can see

Eddie Money

I separated my shoulder a month or so ago, by making fun of someone. I went to do an easy fall and landed directly on my shoulder. It's still messed up and I can only play for about 15 minutes without it killing me. I've gotten hurt doing other stupid crap, but I think this was the worst. Stupid beer.

DrumsPlus

Just got the call from the Emergency Room, have to go. Double vision and scratchy eye = bad news. Looks like the drumstick won this fight.

tapeworm97

nah that aint stupid, listen to mine.
i was at my friends chillin on the porch. He had this WalMart, 10 dollar skateboard. So I get on it and attempt to do my kickflips (since i use to skate). I was trying over and over till finally i flipped the board, and instead of coming down and landing on both feet, my front foot goes over the board and i landed on my ankle. Then I ended up twisting my ankle. and thats not the only thing, the skateboard was still and wasnt moving. :p

Potatoe Snack

one time i got a huge drumstick shaving caught in my eye, that sucked gettin that out. no emergency rooms were involved though, good luck!

Vanden

I just have small but often drum injuries. I was using my new Evans torque key the other day and when i went to click it back in (it was on a high tension) I got a bit of skin trapped in there and it hurt so much, and then i went and did it again.
But normally, its hitting myself with sticks or rim shotting my fingers

DrumsPlus

The report from the Doc was that I have no damage to the eye, but bruising on the lid and upper lid which will give me headaches, but that's it. Should go away in a few days. I guess a HR (a long 2B) to the eye isn't very bright.

Relics

mmm that sucks

i was playing and i kind of head banged right as my stick came up really far from a rebound and got stabbed in the eye pretty hard. luckily no damage, just some pain and a lot of embarrassment...

SGarrett

DrumsPlus":1madeuyb said:
The report from the Doc was that I have no damage to the eye, but bruising on the lid and upper lid which will give me headaches, but that's it. Should go away in a few days. I guess a HR (a long 2B) to the eye isn't very bright.
Good to hear, man. :)

DrumsPlus

My wife wanted me to ware a patch, but the bruised ego was enough for me. Had a little sensitivity to light for a while there but alls good.