disrupt13

If I upgrade my lugs, and such on my export,

Will it make any difference in sound?

I mean I know it will be better for tuning to have better lugs,

But I always wondered if it would make a difference

Steaky

shine.fm-youth":zljmt5mh said:
if they're lighter it'll let the shell resonate more

Which leg are you pulling?????? Let's hear those babies sing!!! Hahaha. Let's ask PJ for a quote on enough lugs to re-fit his Export kit. I don't really think it's gonna be value for money. You may get 1 or 2% more out of them if that..........possibly, but I doubt it. I don't advise it. Just move on to better shells.

disrupt13

Yea, I'm kinda broke, I was gonna buy a MM kit, or a yamaha oak, or birch, but I'm getting less hours at work, and I'm sure everyone knows what bills are like, but that's what I get for making nine an hour,

So I figured lugs would be an alernate route

scottydont

A famous drum maker once said "Put brand A lugs on a generic shell and it will sound like brand A drums. Put brand B lugs on the same shell and it will sound like brand B drums"

Steaky

scottydont":7xa8emko said:
A famous drum maker once said "Put brand A lugs on a generic shell and it will sound like brand A drums. Put brand B lugs on the same shell and it will sound like brand B drums"

Cynical point of view. Not sure if I agree entirely but I get your point.

Mike_Drums

scottydont":33o2h3tg said:

id have to say thats more a marketing technique

Kris

The issue of swapping lugs would be contigent on one important fact....do the holes match up ? ....or are you talking about re drilling?

Steaky

I suppose it would work if you have an 80's kit with those high tension lugs(the ones the length of the Drum). What happened in those dark days? I remember all the Drum companies telling us over and over that this was the best for us! Marketing crap.

disrupt13

I don't mind the export, but I'd like a high end kit.

I might just wait till income tax time,

And once again, I appreciate all your help