stick size and concern

Homki890

Mostly either 5A or 7A on standard sizes. The Pro-Mark 737's are pencil thin, and great for jazz, and I dig them too. Mostly I go with the 5A size. Goot fit for my hand.

Homki890

SuNoAnBuKi

I use a couple models ... Zildjian's Travis Barker, Vater's XD-5B (my current favorite) and Pro Marks Thunder Rods. I use them because they've got a little bit of an extra reach (I like my sticks to be 16 3/8" - 16 5/8") and they're nice and beefy closer to the tip. I think I'm going to give up on the Travis Barker models for good though I shred threw them in like a week, but Ive had these Vaters for about 3 weeks now and they're just now starting to chip up.

anavrinIV

promark oak 5as. i can play anything i want with them and i dont know that ive broken one yet....they wear out before they break.

goatatl

I never could get used to anything longer than 16". Quantum 7000's (Regal Tip) for me. They're f**king HUGE!

Shalaq

FelterSkelter":ucdswm8b said:
DRUMSMYWIFE":ucdswm8b said:
If you play rock then longer sticks are good. 16 1/2 or more. Power 5A's or Rock
Is this because they are heavier or??
For heavy playing I'd choose Power 5A's. Yes, it's because they're heavier, you can play louder with less effort and Power 5A's still allow to play with finesse. Longer is still a personal/kit preference. Usually in a rock setting you deal with bigger drums and cymbals (and generally more stuff in a wider rack), so having for example a 16 18 floor toms, longer sticks make it more comfortable to play around the kit.

automaster31

usually, i use ahead jj1's, but lately, i've been using weckl 2's. although, yesterday, i went to oneida music and bought a pair of vf peter erskine ride sticks. pretty good...

drummerboy1991

8a or 5a just because they are lighter and i can get a good grip, speed, and manuverablitity(well that was bad spelling :lol: ) on both. 2's are just way too big for my hands. haha