Stick Control

Jamell

Currently, I've been playing for 6 years and I can't seem to get enough of the book Stick Control by George Lawrence Stone, how many drummers out there use this book? Because it's to me, a lifetime full of rudiments.

MrChops

George stone's Stick Control is the best book I've ever used. If you actually read what it has to say and practice how you are supposed to, there is nothing that you shouldn't be able to do with your hands.

Homki890

Oh my God, I hate that book with a passion. Every one of those freaking rhythm's 20 times over, with almost no change between patters, so it becomes about as exciting as a Soviet wheat farm.

But I have to admit, there is nothing better for getting your chops up. As much as that book bores me, it is the best for what it does, and SHOULD be standard in all drummers' libraries.

Homki890

Jamell

The book is quite repetative, but it has helped me so much over the years and like I said after 6 years of playing I'm still not done learning the things In it and switching everything around, sometimes I do the book with my hands and feet, or just feet, great way to build up endurance and chops.

Qbs

a great book indeed, although my reading sucks so I have problems with understanding some of those rolls :)