Stick control vs. master studies. help?

percussle

hey would it be stupid to purchase both stick control for the snare drummer and master studies I and II. or do they pretty much share the same exercises etc. or will it be beneficial to learn both these books? sorry if it's a lame question, just seems the best place to ask is here. never know might help some1 else out too.
kyle.

Atmerrill

If you bought Stick control and Master Studies (1), you'll have a lifetime of material to develop the hands (and feet if you're a double bass player). Morello's book (master studies) was meant as a follow-on to Stone's Stick Control, and Accents and Rebounds.

Atmerrill

If you want, get it. Seems to me though that you can reach a point where developing the hands gets to be a burnout - and really the point is to get the hands off the pad or snare and on to the kit. But, if you haven't gone through either of the books yet, Stick control and Master studies 1 should last a while - some serious material to work and work correctly.

:D

percussle

Atmerrill":33ugdcmx said:
If you want, get it. Seems to me though that you can reach a point where developing the hands gets to be a burnout - and really the point is to get the hands off the pad or snare and on to the kit. But, if you haven't gone through either of the books yet, Stick control and Master studies 1 should last a while - some serious material to work and work correctly.

:D
nice cheers buddy. got the book ordered recieve stick control this week and master studies1 next week. appreciate the help my man!! time to hit the pad for an hour now actually do some edurance and rudiment exercises.

BillRayDrums

Stick control is very binary and focused on bare-bones basics. Master Studies has more variance. Truthfully, I would buy master studies over Stick control because it gives you things to do and ideas to approach.

percussle

BillRayDrums":2zcvct6h said:
Stick control is very binary and focused on bare-bones basics. Master Studies has more variance. Truthfully, I would buy master studies over Stick control because it gives you things to do and ideas to approach.
much appreciated