Stick Control >>> George L Stone

percussle

hey drummer brothers!, whats up?:)
does anyone possibly know where i can either get stick control by George l stone to download or to buy. i live in Australia in a dead end town where i am having problems locating it.
i can't even find a .torrent file for it on the net or a site with access to downloading it in a PDF file. any help on this would be awesome. :cry:

Here's a picture even though you guys probably know about this book:

:)

Henry George

percussle said:
hey drummer brothers!, whats up?:)
does anyone possibly know where i can either get stick control by George l stone to download or to buy. i live in Australia in a dead end town where i am having problems locating it.

Where about's?
I'm sure you could order it through any good music retailer.
I just googled before,it's availiable from amazon.com.
Even second hand less than $10.

good luck man.

percussle

ahh never mind guys, just rang the music shop, hopefully they can order it in for me. the book isn't out of print is it? i heard it was 1st published in 1930 :S :shock:

Gretz

that HAS to be the best selling drum instructional book of all time

no way it's out of print.

they SHOULD be able to get it for you.

rufus4dagruv

I can help you. I work for J.W. Pepper. We are the world's largest sheet music company. We have this book in stock. Our item number is 6065072 and the price is $14.95. We usually have a shipping charge, but if you call us at 1-800-345-6296 and ask for Mark at ext. 2348, I'll have it sent out at no charge for the shipping. We take credit cards over the phone. Later.

SGarrett

percussle":1rhnqz85 said:
SGarrett":1rhnqz85 said:
If nothing else, get Master Studies.
is master studies along the lines of stick control?
Joe Morello was a student of George Stone. You should do some research on stuff that people tell you to buy before you just spend your money. Not saying Stick Control isn't a good book because it's an industry standard, just saying that in general. :)

Airborne Ranger

I have both books, Stick Control and Master Studies I & II. I prefer the Morello books more because they are a little more contemporary and very well written. There are years worth of learning in either Stick Control or the Morello books. You really can't go wrong with either book, Stick Control is the classic, Master Studies I & II are a little more modern version of Stick Control and have a lot of fun excercies that really help with snare technique. I use Stick Control a lot as well but I apply it to double bass drums. If I had to choose though I'd go with Master Studies.

percussle

thanx guys. sgarret your everywhere on this site brother. your a helper around here!! :p, well you've helped me heaps anyways :D

Rob Crisp

Looks like you have all the advice you need on tracking it down, just wanted to say it is a great book! It's really versitle! :D

percussle

SGarrett":2b38hsxz said:
percussle":2b38hsxz said:
thanx guys. sgarret your everywhere on this site brother. your a helper around here!! :p, well you've helped me heaps anyways :D
Thanks man. I do what I can. :)
no probs dude. i honour your opinions and your confidence with drums. ya seem to know ya shit ;)

mortem

SGarrett":3adsub0n said:
percussle":3adsub0n said:
SGarrett":3adsub0n said:
Joe Morello was a student of George Stone. You should do some research on stuff that people tell you to buy before you just spend your money. Not saying Stick Control isn't a good book because it's an industry standard, just saying that in general. :)
just wondering, what other books are considered to be 'industry standard'?

SGarrett

mortem":1zn9bd66 said:
SGarrett":1zn9bd66 said:
percussle":1zn9bd66 said:
SGarrett":1zn9bd66 said:
just wondering, what other books are considered to be 'industry standard'?
Books like Master Studies, The New Breed, The Encyclopedia of Double Bass Drumming, etc.. Best sellers that almost every world class drummer and teacher talk about using. Basically, the books that have become standard teaching/learning tools across the board for/in the music industry. Then there are the genre specific books. :)

It's the same thing as people saying "the SM57 is the industry stand snare mic". It's a term used to differentiate between all available products and the most commonly used products in any given industry.