stay off my set...........

zac-d-licious

have you ever noticed that when a drummer goes to the bathroom,leaves the room or ever peaks out the door there is some guitar or bass player on your kit when you turn around?why is that,it always sounds like crap and they always want to play for a long time.i mean i have never felt the urge to grab a guitar and slaughter iron man during a gutarists break.what gives?i have come to the the conclusion that all gutarists and bassist secrectly want to play drums because it is a superior instrament.

Brother_Bong

I have always said that. Guitar players want to play drums, singers wanna play guitar, drummers just want you to leave their kit alone.

SGarrett

I'll let anyone play my drums as long as they don't bash them. I politely make that clear before I hand the sticks over. And I actually will sit down with a guitar or bass during a break and jam something out. I treat their instruments with the same respect I treat my own Hell, sometimes we'll have a jam with the guitarist on bass, me on guitar, and the bassist playing drums or whatever combination. It sounds terrible compared to what we jam on our own instruments, but it's a blast and a great way to continue bonding with your band-mates.

I mean, who doesn't want to hit things with sticks? It's instant gratification. :lol:

seandude

ya who doesnt like drums when i have friends over they always play them ut i dont get mad..i just let them know whos better =) haha

Rob Crisp

I don't mind my bandmates playing my gear. They know full well to treat it with respect and it's always funny for the other guys in the studio as neither of them can really play drums.

Other people I don't know though, drum stick up the ass!

TrunJun

zac-d-licious":gnzy62sk said:
have you ever noticed that when a drummer goes to the bathroom,leaves the room or ever peaks out the door there is some guitar or bass player on your kit when you turn around?why is that,it always sounds like crap and they always want to play for a long time.i mean i have never felt the urge to grab a guitar and slaughter iron man during a gutarists break.what gives?i have come to the the conclusion that all gutarists and bassist secrectly want to play drums because it is a superior instrament.
dude i totally know how you feel. I cant count how many bottom heads i've had blow out on me from people beating the living shit out of my snare drum and how many cracked cymbals people like that have cost me. I'm honestly at that point where the only other people who i will even let SIT behind my kit are other drummers, and they have to be on EXCELLENT terms with me to even get on the throne. it seriously pisses me off man, i totally feel ur pain.

zen_drummer

TrunJun":3az54vbo said:
I cant count how many bottom heads i've had blow out on me from people beating the living shit out of my snare drum.
BOTTOM HEADS?

You're exagerating just a wee bit, aren't you?

skitch

Bong":9x8fbhxo said:
I have always said that. Guitar players want to play drums, singers wanna play guitar, drummers just want you to leave their kit alone.
And everyone wants the singer to get over himself!

Ericinho6

When I was in a band our guitarist did that many times, but he actually had some drumming ability so I didn't care too much. Plus he was one of my best friends. But when the bassist did it, it drove me nuts cause he had no idea what he was doing. For some reason, when someone doesn't know where to hit on the heads let alone play the set, it irks me...just felt like sharing.

mattcore

The singer in my band always wants to play at the end of practice, I let him, but its the most anoying thing ever!

EmbodiedDespair

I hate it so much, guys. My singer is constantly jumping on my kit when I'm not on it. Plus, he's one of those pseudo-drummers who bash the hell out of the skins and the cymbals. I cringe every time he plays the kit. The kid needs to focus on 'singing'. Whenever I drop a stick on accident at practice, he'll pick the stick up for me and start to try and do lame patterns on cymbals for me. He's lucky they're not expensive, or he'd be dead.

Assback

lol, aw man. They do always do that. I don't really mind during practice cause my guitarist is actually descent at drums and then I get the chance to switch to guitar a little but I used to know this guy who would constantly hop of my set and totally suck ass. Worst part is he wouldn't get off and when I told him he was god awful he'd get all mad and call me stuck up. Fuck him, not my fault he can't even play the instrument. He seriously wished he had my skills I think. lol. What can I say? I guess we just make it look real fun.

trstn

I have no problem to let my band mates play my drums, they are very respectful and very careful.. ;) I'm the one who bashes .. not them :D hihi especially I can play a better guitar than both of them hehe .. For my it's always a nice thing when my bass player lets me play his stingray. I think I'd be a base player, axe under balls, mesa stack behind me .. well I'd like that :D

TrunJun

zen_drummer":10ybsz0p said:
TrunJun":10ybsz0p said:
I cant count how many bottom heads i've had blow out on me from people beating the living shit out of my snare drum.
BOTTOM HEADS?

You're exagerating just a wee bit, aren't you?
nope, i shit you not, BOTTOM heads

xdoseonex

SGarrett":dmdq2vgy said:
I'll let anyone play my drums as long as they don't bash them. I politely make that clear before I hand the sticks over. And I actually will sit down with a guitar or bass during a break and jam something out. I treat their instruments with the same respect I treat my own Hell, sometimes we'll have a jam with the guitarist on bass, me on guitar, and the bassist playing drums or whatever combination. It sounds terrible compared to what we jam on our own instruments, but it's a blast and a great way to continue bonding with your band-mates.

I mean, who doesn't want to hit things with sticks? It's instant gratification. :lol:
I agree. i let my vocalist and guitar player play my drums all the time. they know my shits expensive and they wouldnt bash the shit out of any of it. I always grab theyre guitars and unleash some tapping fury(even tho i dont know how to play guitar). I'm carful with theyre shit and theyre careful(well, carefull enough) with mine. however however i hate it when my bassist grabs my a custom all over the place