Standing up while playing...

NoDrumsForYou

When standing up when your playing, where exactly are your feet.

Like for me i always try to keep a foot on a pedal. obviously u can't have both feet on a pedal, right?

I THINK you would move your left foot off of the HiHat/2nd bass pedal and move it back about a foot so you can stand. then put your right foot into like a "Heel Up" Bass playing position and u can play lite bass that way?

The Heel

I wouldnt know because I think its a lame practice.

Its just not my thing.

Everytime I see it done its by some pretty boy with no shirt who can't play sitting down nevermind standing up.

I'm sure there are circumstances of it being done tastefully by guys who can actually play... I've just never seen it.

For many years I've been planing to get high boots and weld them to my pedals with chains attached to my waist and secrued in-to the ground. It will definatly increase ones double bass playing ten-fold, plus sitting down doesn't mean you're Robert Fripp

Scott_Hurford

standing up drumming is just for show really, like for a small part of a song for like 10 seconds or something, somewhere in the song where no kick drum is required, because it isnt easy to use the bass pedal standing up :roll:

metldrummer2112

The Heel":2ipsoiw3 said:

Its just not my thing.

Everytime I see it done its by some pretty boy with no shirt who can't play sitting down nevermind standing up.

I'm sure there are circumstances of it being done tastefully by guys who can actually play... I've just never seen it.
Mike Portno does it occasionally. I saw it in his modern drummer video. He doesn't play a lot standing, but he's definately not a shirtless pretty-boy who can't play

Potatoe Snack

The Heel":1iu2zc9l said:

Its just not my thing.

sounds like someone is alittle insecure?

Lancelot Frosty

I've done it once.
In this really simple song where your foot didn't even need to be on the hi hat pedal.
Just play the bass pedal heel down.
Course, it ain't something I'm going to do again anytime soon. It's not exactly needed for anything except show. :?

Alan_

slim jim phantom from the stray cats y'all. that guy stands up and has a great affinity for 50's/rockabilly rhythms.

Assback

seen it done live once. a rockabilly/ psychobilly band. i think they were called the quakes. its really impressive to watch. its truly for showmanship but there's nothing wrong w/ that.

the drummer was also doing backup and it was fun to see a drummer sing and play while standing. made the drummer equal to the rest of the band in visibility

ThePloughman

Ive seen Charlie Adams do it quite often, and he can play. Seen him live at Arco Arena in Sac a few years ago..... along with Yanni's last tour with Karen Briggs on violin. It was tremendous.

Steaky

Did you guy's know that piles is a common condition among drummers. Sitting down with sweaty arses straining at the teeth to dribble out yet one more superdiddle around that phrase at 140bpm. I'm not bloody kidding. I know of one druumer friend who needed a bloody op because of it.

Check out vids of the worlds fastest drummer and tell me that's not a pro-lapse in the making!!!!

Lancelot Frosty

Alan_":1lzj0zhl said:
slim jim phantom from the stray cats y'all. that guy stands up and has a great affinity for 50's/rockabilly rhythms.
And I was playing a 50's style rhythm.
Just thought I'd say? :?

Eliminator

Did you guy's know that piles is a common condition among drummers. Sitting down with sweaty arses straining at the teeth to dribble out yet one more superdiddle around that phrase at 140bpm. I'm not bloody kidding. I know of one druumer friend who needed a bloody op because of it.

Check out vids of the worlds fastest drummer and tell me that's not a pro-lapse in the making!!!!
Surprised I haven't got piles by now yakno :lol: