Stagg Cymbals

Tazdrummer

I wouldn't mind hearing some reviews on the black metal bells.

I am probably getting one in the next few months but wouldn't mind hearing someones first hand opinion.

Howepirate

Tazdrummer":3e62fe4h said:

I am probably getting one in the next few months but wouldn't mind hearing someones first hand opinion.
I have one, great bell sound.

Sounds deeper than it looks and isn't nearly as pingy and overbearing as the Zil-Bel. I have them both on my kit and they tend to work pretty well together.

Tazdrummer

Howepirate":3rnhylsy said:
Tazdrummer":3rnhylsy said:

Sounds deeper than it looks and isn't nearly as pingy and overbearing as the Zil-Bel. I have them both on my kit and they tend to work pretty well together.
Modern Drummer gave them a great review.

Once I get my hats I think the next cymbal purchase (or the one after that) will be either the black metal bell or possibly one of these Saluda prototype bells I saw in PDF...

DrumsPlus

Howepirate":317f6awe said:
Tazdrummer":317f6awe said:

Are there any other ones you would suggest or not suggest. I don't want something pingy, but really haven't researched it much.

EOTE_drummer

DrumsPlus":2bmueufu said:
Howepirate":2bmueufu said:
Tazdrummer":2bmueufu said:

Are there any other ones you would suggest or not suggest. I don't want something pingy, but really haven't researched it much.
all the stagg cymbals i have seen look so intimidating, but ive never played any.

Potatoe Snack

i've never played anything else but I own a bell. It gets the job done, I realized after buying it and messing with it, I'm just fine with the bell on my ride. Nothing against the actual Stagg Bell though. They look cooler than other bells I've seen.

Theres my 2 cents on Stagg...

DrumsPlus

I guess bells to me just look fragile at best. I really don't know because I haven't used one and I don't think anyone in my area uses one.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth the money.

Potatoe Snack

DrumsPlus":1csn7ts9 said:
I guess bells to me just look fragile at best. I really don't know because I haven't used one and I don't think anyone in my area uses one.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth the money.
its worth the money.

Rem

staggs are actually awesome for the price...

their chinas are soo good... id recommend the 18" Double Hammered for any metal/loud drummers...

DrumsPlus

Fraz_whatley":z7i5u2h9 said:
does anyone have any experience with any stagg hihat or rides or crashes
I just tried a medium crash. It sounded nice, more like a Sabian HH but a little pinger.

dw_drums_4lyfe

shine.fm-youth":11npzo52 said:
has anyone play on the black metal bells/splashes
do they sound as good as they look?
its really 50/50, some do some dont, and also its what u prefer, so u could like them all, but yeah they're alright

shine.fm-youth

dw_drums_4lyfe":16613f3g said:
shine.fm-youth":16613f3g said:
has anyone play on the black metal bells/splashes
do they sound as good as they look?
its really 50/50, some do some dont, and also its what u prefer, so u could like them all, but yeah they're alright

yea man i know what you mean
they didn't have any sound clips
so i hoping someone on here had used them

drumsforlife

I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm in a bind. I have a bar gig coming up in 9 days, and a really big event lined up in April which will be televised, and I currently am needing to upgrade my brass a little bit. I've got my kit currently outfitted with Zildjian ZBTs. I know those aren't the best, but also they're not the worst. I recently ran across some Stagg cymbals at really decent prices and I need to know if I get the 20" ride and 16" crash, would it be taking a step to the side, or somewhat upgrading? I need to know because I need some better sound from my brass if my band's gonna be on TV! Thanks!

Fraz_whatley

Just my 2 cents (or pennies seeing as im english)
Ive been upgrading my setup to stagg cymbals 4 about 3 weeks.
They sound awesome for the price, especially the fat (phat) hats, the crashes are extremely explosive, and im ordering my new exo ride this week
I used to use meinl amun and classics just a ride, crash and hats.
But because of how cheap and great these cymbals sound ive now got the following setup.

15" dh medium crash
14" dh fat hats
16" dh medium crash
10" dh splash
8" dh splash
12" dh splash
18" dh medium crash
20" dh exo heavy ride (on its way)
17" dh medium crash
16" wuhan china (will be getting this in stagg soon)

their bells are awesome too, so one day if the need calls i shall be getting some
I play heavy rock and proggressive rock, With heck loads of phat riffs

drumsforlife

Fraz_whatley":27osnjms said:
Just my 2 cents (or pennies seeing as im english)
Ive been upgrading my setup to stagg cymbals 4 about 3 weeks.
They sound awesome for the price, especially the fat (phat) hats, the crashes are extremely explosive, and im ordering my new exo ride this week
I used to use meinl amun and classics just a ride, crash and hats.
But because of how cheap and great these cymbals sound ive now got the following setup.

15" dh medium crash
14" dh fat hats
16" dh medium crash
10" dh splash
8" dh splash
12" dh splash
18" dh medium crash
20" dh exo heavy ride (on its way)
17" dh medium crash
16" wuhan china (will be getting this in stagg soon)

their bells are awesome too, so one day if the need calls i shall be getting some
I play heavy rock and proggressive rock, With heck loads of phat riffs
I appreciate the 2 cents Fraz. And I do believe you caught on to my ruse and yes I actually would like to upgrade my whole cymbal setup, but for now I believe I can get away with the 16" crash and 20" ride. I'm not certain on what series the store carries, but I'm sure they'll be able to order what I want. What I saw was a sheet they had printed off of the serial numbers of the part, and the description - i.e. '20" ride cymbal.'

I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and invest in my upgrade. The only thing I'm still worried about is if they new ones will sonically fit in with my current setup. I don't plan on changing my hats. I actually like my Zildjian ZBT 13" hats. I found them in a yard sale for $30. I know ZBT is a lower end line, but those hats have served me well, and they sound awesome. Plus, when I bought them six years ago, they were already weathered. For some reason, I believe Zildjian had ZBT out as a better quality line at some point. I mean, by hats have a completely different logo on them than the current ZBT line. I also plan on keeping the China and the 18" crash/ride. The 14" crash I have is going under a 12" Wuhan China that I happened to find one night at a gig that somebody had just thrown out. It had a crack in it, and now it has a complete chunk missing, but I could still use it for a stack.

Like I said, I appreciate the input and encouragement. I believe I have made my decision. YOU CAN'T BEAT THOSE PRICES! That's what I'm most excited about.