SR2s

SuNoAnBuKi

Anyone seen these? They're factory refurbs from Sabian. You can get them at Memphis Drum Shop. I just ordered two 19" medium crashes for $270. Unreal.

SuNoAnBuKi

Way to be a buzzkill dude! Haha. I listened to them on memphis drum shop's website and wasnt disappointed with what I heard.

metldrummer2112

Haha it's my specialty. The thing is, no two of those cymbals sound alike since they're all recycled. Maybe it's just my ears that don't like them. Either way, hopefully you like them man, that's what matters

SuNoAnBuKi

Yeah that's what I like about 'em though. I played a pair of AAXplosion crashes for years .. then switched two a Saluda Diamond and Nemesis pair. I like the contrasting sounds, adds more emphasis when I'm crash riding one and slam the other, ya know? Either way if I don't like em I'll just send em back and get something else. Keepin my fingers crossed though.

audiotech

The drum shop I go to has a wall full of the SR2's. It looks as if they went through a very rigorous remanufacturing process and sorry, I didn't much care for their sound either.

I hope they work out well for you.

Dennis

drummercraig157

I first saw them on youtube (on the memphis drum page) and liked them. I think they are pretty good for the price you paid.

How do they sound?

SuNoAnBuKi

They sound really good. They don't resonate as long as my Saluda or other Sabian crashes, but whatever they're perfect for recording and practice (I use my Saludas live). Dennis is right .. they certainly look like they've seen better days as far as the finish goes .. I think I may send them down to Jamie to have a true brilliant finish put on them. Overall I'm satisfied.

MrPowerRide

nice job on the review. the ride does seem nice. but i remember liking your proto china , what kind did you have them make it after? Im looking for something similar if not the same :)

TamaDude

The proto china is still that, a prototype. I did not ask them to change that and it was purchased as a proto on eBay. The SR2 line is specifically cymbals that have been damaged or returned by vendors, recut, then relathed.

The cymbal you speak of I still have and it was specifically an HHX.