Mefiu

Hi!

I need to buy some splash, Me type is:
1) Zildjian A Custom 8"
2) Istanbul Mehmet Radiant 8"
3) Sabian AAX 8"

What are You think about this cymbals?

dugdrummer

i've had both the a custom and the aax..

i'd pick the aax..

but you might wanna try the avedis zildjan extra thin splash!!!

i have an 8 and a 10 and they sound amazing!!!

best of luck! :D

caulkie

dugdrummer":396xf950 said:
i've had both the a custom and the aax..

i'd pick the aax..

but you might wanna try the avedis zildjan extra thin splash!!!

i have an 8 and a 10 and they sound amazing!!!

best of luck! :D
I totally agree with the aax. I too have a 10 and 8 inch splash setup, very complimentary in subdued playing. 8)

paul89

Exactly , tell us what kind of sound do you think is the best for you:)
I have Istanbul Mahmet Tradicional splash 8" and I think ,that is better than Radiant splash , for me of course:)

devilspain

majority of my cymbals are AAX. my splashes 10" 12". but gtting an 8" and 6". all sonically matched sound well cool. good luck in your choice.

dannydrumperc

Qbs":b1c8ixoo said:
it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for
Splash cymbals should be divided into 2 groups: trashy or chimy. In my experience, A Zildjians & A Customs are into the chimy side of the coin. I prefer the trashier ones like Ks & Wuhans. I belive our friend Mefiu is looking for a bright sounding splash cymbal, right? Most of the higher splashes I've heard tends to be chimy - specially the A Customs. So if that is what your looking for, then thats my suggestion.

kndrummer

dannydrumperc":3prb8k1p said:
Qbs":3prb8k1p said:
it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for
Splash cymbals should be divided into 2 groups: trashy or chimy. In my experience, A Zildjians & A Customs are into the chimy side of the coin. I prefer the trashier ones like Ks & Wuhans. I belive our friend Mefiu is looking for a bright sounding splash cymbal, right? Most of the higher splashes I've heard tends to be chimy - specially the A Customs. So if that is what your looking for, then thats my suggestion.

I have an agazarian 10'' splash, it sounds beautiful. It was $20 and sounds pretty close to the Ziljian A splashs. So for the bright sound agazarian may be the way to go. Hope you u find what is good for
peace KND

Cheerful-Bear

Buy one of my trashcan lid 17'' splashes. I can make the handle unlathed if you would like. Polished or unpolished? (It's only about $600, I dunno I forget the pricing, look at my post titled 'Blegh')