Splash Above Hi-Hat?

pow3rtr1p

Is there anything along the lines of a cymbal stacker I could use to mount a small cymbal (either a splash or a bell) on the post of my Hi-Hat, without ruining the pedal motion or doing something bad? I have my left side crash fairly low and close to my Hats, so I don't think a grabber arm off of my crash stand would really work.

Ideas? Thanks,
pow3rtr1p

Nessmaster

Put an arm on your hat stand??? That's what I did. If you have a fairly stable hat stand it should be able to take it no problem. I had no problem with any functioning of the hi hat stand at all and it never fell over or anything. It was a "bit" unstable and I bought a boom stand for another cymbal which I decided to attach the arm to instead.

Potatoe Snack

I've put a bell on the hat stand before. I just put it between two felts and it did fine. Stopped doing it cause I got my stick caught on it too much. But I've also done the splash on an arm off the hi hat stand and I've done a timbale off the hi hat stand. Both did fine, just make sure your hi hat stand can take it.

dannydrumperc

Rockula!":2br2x9tn said:
Use a 2nd clutch
That's a very good advise!

I read something about placing small cymbals on hh pull rods once on MD or Drum!. The author recommended plastic tubing and felt washers as with any other stand. The only problems a see in it are 1) accidentally striking the upper cymbal, & 2) the upper cymbal making contact with clutch wing nut. I tried it once and didn't liked it much.