Specific endorsers?

galgano16

IS there any one at all tht only uses ALL OF 1 specific manufacturers equipment, meaning something like all evans heads, all zildjian cymbals, all pearl drums.

is there any1 who only decides 2 use those things of specific brands or do u mix and match?

I kno i dont but i wanna c how other ppl hav their kits set up

Steven McTowelie

i use all remo heads, all zildjian cymbals and all dw hardware. its not because i don't think other brands aren't good because they definitely are, it's just that those are my favorites so i chose to stick to all their products because they've never let me down. my kit is a tama but as far as snares, i'll play any snare that sounds good because snares are my favorite guilty pleasure lol.

m

galgano16":3ozn07p2 said:
IS there any one at all tht only uses ALL OF 1 specific manufacturers equipment, meaning something like all evans heads, all zildjian cymbals, all pearl drums.
is there any1 who only decides 2 use those things of specific brands or do u mix and match?
I kno i dont but i wanna c how other ppl hav their kits set up
Some of my deals are non-exclusive, but I don't really mix and match much.
We've got a couple brands of drums in the studio and for touring, but other than that I'm only using Aquarian heads, Turk Masters Cymbals, and Hornets Sticks lately.

josdrummer08

its hard i feel you on that tho i wish i could support just 1 endorsement but lots of companys dont offer both drums and cymbals and if they do 1 or the other are really low quality.

Daza73

Steven McTowelie":25wko50m said:
i use all remo heads, all zildjian cymbals and all dw hardware. its not because i don't think other brands aren't good because they definitely are, it's just that those are my favorites so i chose to stick to all their products because they've never let me down. my kit is a tama but as far as snares, i'll play any snare that sounds good because snares are my favorite guilty pleasure lol.
i use remo heads (pinstripe or ambassadors) zildjian cymbals basically any hardware (DW, pearl, gibralter)and pro mark or vic firth sticks. and as for snares either dw or pearl

Steven McTowelie

Daza73":33r4d8pi said:
Steven McTowelie":33r4d8pi said:
i use remo heads (pinstripe or ambassadors) zildjian cymbals basically any hardware (DW, pearl, gibralter)and pro mark or vic firth sticks. and as for snares either dw or pearl
very cool, i use the remo smooth whites and i love them. for snares, dw and pearl makes great products, and recently i just bought a 6 1/2 by 14 spaun snare that i'm very happy with.

stump

That's a pretty strange question as far as endorsements go. Different names carry different products..ie... Zildjian makes cymbals, not drums. DW makes drums, not cymbals and so on. I don't know of any company that carries equipment to fit all of our drum needs under one name. If you do please let us know. Peace!

m

galgano16":it29a7b2 said:
I think he means do you mix brands of cymbals or drums, based on this portion of the original thread.
Especially since he mentioned heads, and though there are companies that make drums, hardware and cymbals, nobody also makes heads under the same brandname (that I'm aware of)

that's how I interpreted it anyway;

do you mix different brands of drums in your kit? Or cymbals, etc~

stump

m":3j8o2bf6 said:
galgano16":3j8o2bf6 said:
I think he means do you mix brands of cymbals or drums, based on this portion of the original thread.
Especially since he mentioned heads, and though there are companies that make drums, hardware and cymbals, nobody also makes heads under the same brandname (that I'm aware of)

that's how I interpreted it anyway;

do you mix different brands of drums in your kit? Or cymbals, etc~
Ok.. Maybe I misunderstood. No I do not mix brands of specific equipment. As far as heads, Most of your major drum companies make there own heads...I know for fact that Tama, Pearl and Ludwig have there own brand name heads on the kits that you buy from them new. They may not be the best but they make them.

m

stump":3imazvdv said:
Most of your major drum companies make there own heads...I know for fact that Tama, Pearl and Ludwig have there own brand name heads on the kits that you buy from them new. They may not be the best but they make them.
actually, those heads with the logos on them are almost all made by Remo;
they just make a special model for those particular brands, including DW, Yamaha and the others you mentioned.

edit: not sure about Pearl though, they claim to make the Pro-tone head series, so maybe they are making their own

stump

m":o8ytde9s said:
stump":o8ytde9s said:
Most of your major drum companies make there own heads...I know for fact that Tama, Pearl and Ludwig have there own brand name heads on the kits that you buy from them new. They may not be the best but they make them.
actually, those heads with the logos on them are almost all made by Remo;
they just make a special model for those particular brands, including DW, Yamaha and the others you mentioned.

edit: not sure about Pearl though, they claim to make the Pro-tone head series, so maybe they are making their own
Interesting fact that I did not know! I guess that's why we are all here, to learn new stuff. Thanks man and peace on ya!

Beej

I don't currently have any exclusive sponsorships, so I'm not gonna use just one brand for any one product unless they pay me for playing their product. I just go for the best quality for the cheapest price. Hard to find sometimes.

galgano16

I'm just asking if anyone here has loyal endorsements for all their equipment that they use,

example

(Specific drum company endorsements, cymbal company endorsements, stick company(if you don't endorse the same company for drums), hardware company endorsements(if you don't endorse the same company for drums), and electronic company endorsements

Or, does anyone use 2 or more of whatever brands of the same products together to get the job done? Thats all im asking.

I fail to see how this in any way is hard to comprehend, i mean, i'm just curious as to what people do

randomdrum

Beej":1xrsm11d said:
I don't currently have any exclusive sponsorships, so I'm not gonna use just one brand for any one product unless they pay me for playing their product. I just go for the best quality for the cheapest price. Hard to find sometimes.
That will never, ever happen

Timekeep69

I exclusively use:

Medicine Man Custom Drums
Saluda Cymbals
Trueline Drumsticks
Attack Drum heads
Drumnetics Bass Drum Pedals
Unigrip Stick Grips
Danmar kick pads

shine.fm-youth

drums (as of right now) pacific
cymbals - saluda
hardware - dw/pacific
pedals - axis/iron cobra
sticks - vic firth (though i'd like to try hornets)