Speaking Of Cowbells...

screamkevin

Okay, anyone got any tips on how to keep a hoop-mounted cowbell from slipping off the kick hoop without damaging the hoop? I'm using a Pearl cowbell on a standard hoop mount. I've wrapped duct tape around the lips of the mount for grip to the hoop itself, but had some slippage issues on my last gig.

Suggestions, anyone? :?:

zerodogma

Hmmm.... don't know if I can help with that. I don't use a bass drum hoop mount. I will say that the LP Percussion Claw works like a charm! I have my cow bell mounted up on my 12" tom with it, and have no slipping problems.

Scott_Hurford

i suggest the LP claw mount also, they are gr8.
also, have u thought of using a clamp and attatching the cowbell to a stand? alot easier, no slippage.
let us know how it goes

screamkevin

I considered both the LP claw and a clamp, but I would have reach issues with my Gibraltar rack. I do have my kit somewhat spread out, as I'm 6'1" with long arms, so I don't keep everything in tight. I may have to do some fiddling here and there to figure something out. I will probably end up just getting another clamp for my rack and fabricating some sort of post to go into it for the cowbell.

PaulZILLA

i had a few issues with that. i eventualy just put it on a stand i had lying around. i put those rim guard things they make for bass pedals on the hoop in that area and it helped alot. the duct tape thing doesnt work too well. you could use pieces of foam.