Something makes me respect this guy!

drummert2k

maybe you've heard of the "purdie shuffle?" this is where it came from. Toto would not have been Toto without his shuffle influence of Jeff

Jon_Norman

yes ive heard of it. i was also awear where it came from. the first time i heard it i didnt until i ran into this guy like maybe year ago.

SmellsLikeIan

A great example of Purdie in action is Kid Charlemagne from Steely Dan's Royal Scam (really everything on this album is spectacular).

vahnn

BillRayDrums":vck3clin said:
Bernard....great guy and funny as hell!! Man I love the sound of those Sonorlites!! Some of my favorite sounding drums EVER.

BTW this is my favorite clip of him

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gujufbGoS20
I really really like this guy! His vocalizations just make it fun to watch, he's like a musical performance all on his own.

I'm gonna go practice these crazy samba beats or whatever today, i love it!

trstn

vahnn":s4iynkuo said:
I'm gonna go practice these crazy samba beats or whatever today, i love it!
Hahaaa lol .. that's what I did today. I started the rehearsal with screaming "Weeelllll weeelllllll" played that little samba thing nice and easy "It's Samba time, baby..."
PRICELESS faces .. made my day :)

BillRayDrums

FWIW- Bernard "Pretty" Purdie is the one of the only ones who has successfully played the "wraparound" drum fill in a meaningful manner. Just listen to "Green Earrings" by Steely Dan. That fill, however over-done as it's been, was just played PERFECTLY by Purdie.

Jon_Norman

Im happy to see that I posted something that inspires! I love drumsmyslife.com, so many people who have the same passon as I do. Happy to be here everyone.

Jon