Some one help me with recording?

GrimReepher

So i record on pc, cubase sx3 and i have a 1 mic interface, but that sucks and now that im an avid ebayer, can anyone tell me a nice set up that i could get. You know multiple mics, different interfaces i could get, or 8 track recorders, im an idiot when it comes to recording. Someone help me out, give me product names or whatever you think could help me, I would like to have multiple mics on my set one of these days, instead of one mic recordings.

FelterSkelter

Digidesign ProTools is, in my opinion, the best you can get. I know it's a little more expensive but, there is almost a limitless supply of plug ins and upgrades. I have been using the M-Box to record most everything I have done up to this point. There is an upgrade in my near future but I have been able to make that setup work to the fullest capacity so far.

When recording, "there are more ways than one to skin a cat", rather there are many techniques you can employ to get a desired sound or effect. This has more to do with your imagination than the amount or quality of gear you have.

SGarrett

Dahlgren is talking about the PreSonus FirePod which they remaned FP10...because it actually has ten channels, including the two midi channels. I use one and it's very nice. You can use either 1/4" or XLR connectors on every channel and the pre-amps don't add any color to the sound. On the downside, they're kind of pricey.

I'm using a FirePod, MonsterPower Pro 2500 power conditioner, Cubase SE3, Tama mic stands (might as well only buy them once instead of replacing cheap stands), an Audix D6 for my kick, a Shure SM57 for my snare, and two Audio Technica AE5100 overheads.

GrimReepher

thanks guys, ill look into it. and yes I love sm57s on my snare, every pro recording studio i was ever at, i made them use that on my snare. there awesome!