solo ideas/(just groovin ideas)

seandude

i need ideas for like a grove or a solo
all my stuff seems so...boring and old
idk
i just need some ideas to like show off to my friends idk it makes me sound bad like i just want a beat or a fill or a solo idea so i can become better

PatternsInTheIvy

Thats silly boy! Learn gimmicks! Gimmicks are the solution to all your needs. Hell learn to play with your mouth, it will make you that much more showy and fantastic.

stump

seandude":3ekjgfxr said:
idk
i just need some ideas to like show off to my friends idk it makes me sound bad like i just want a beat or a fill or a solo idea so i can become better
Forget about showing off and concentrate on your playing. If you want to learn some new stuff check out different drummers that have made the art of drumming what it is...Buddy Rich, Chick Webb, Steve Gadd, Neil Peart. Study as much as you can. Get into drumline in school. MAN!!! WHAT? The rudiments and control that you learn can help you develope a nasty style and eventually a solo. Check it out. Don't rush it. Peace!

seandude

ya my friends wont be impressed by just a funcky beat i wanna know whats a good way to just solo and show off with out ,my band cause when i have friends over i do some stuff and they say i'm really good but idk i feel like they dont know what good is

stump

seandude":3at77pm1 said:
ya my friends wont be impressed by just a funcky beat i wanna know whats a good way to just solo and show off with out ,my band cause when i have friends over i do some stuff and they say i'm really good but idk i feel like they dont know what good is
If you feel it and they like it then keep it up. Obviously you are a young drummer and that is great! You have a long road of great drumming experiences ahead of you as long as you keep at it. Play at your level of confidence and always seek improvement. Find inspiration in drummers that you like and learn from them. Keep it up man! Good luck!

break the prism

i never took a single drum set lesson and i made 1st drummer in my school jazz band. why? because i studied on my own and most importantly i learned to watch other drummers. i grew up listening to jazz and fusion, but it was by going to shows and watching other drummers play that i learned what i know now.
soloing is about finding a hot groove and carrying it gracefully.
if you really want to carry a hot groove i'd suggest studying linear funk rhythms. try out for your school band for both the experience and the free rudiment books. learn the rudiments, my friend. they may save your life.
then apply what you learn for the snare drum to your drumkit. you'll be surprised at the results!

drummert2k

seandude":1ob5mqc1 said:
idk
if they are drummers themselves then i'd say dont try to show off for them, instead get together and learn from each other. but if they're not drummers or musicians, i know it sounds super dumb and cheesey and someone on here is gonna be "too cool" to do this. but non drummers love things like stick twirls, and stick flips and the free hand one handed roll (gravity blast for you metal drummers out ther.) although most drummers for some reason thing this stuff is dumb, the crowds eat it up. and isnt the purpose of being a drummer to entertain the crowd? so go ahead, i know someones gonna have a comment about the cheesey aspect of drumming. save the board the ignorance and just dont get to offensive with this.

seandude

i get how to watch drummers and stuff im not a beginer ive been playing for 5 years, i just need some fresh stuff, like tom solos or just cool fills like paradiddles on the toms and somba or bassa nova fills, stuff like that