Solid Shell/Craviotto snare owners?

I have a 5.5" x 14" Unlimited Craviotto in red satin finish. The very nice folks from Craviotto sent my purchase to me directly and almost immediately after my query, which I really do appreciate a lot because I'm from Singapore and there are no local Craviotto dealers here.

Back when I was looking for THE snare, a lot of other companies (GMS for instance) didn't want to entertain my purchase. So major kudos to Craviotto who took my purchase seriously! I'm proud to own a Craviotto!

Back to the snare, I love it! Sensitive response and the sound is deep and warm. I love it!

skitch

teenageheartattack":1mfv6cs7 said:
I have a 5.5" x 14" Unlimited Craviotto in red satin finish. The very nice folks from Craviotto sent my purchase to me directly and almost immediately after my query, which I really do appreciate a lot because I'm from Singapore and there are no local Craviotto dealers here.

Back when I was looking for THE snare, a lot of other companies (GMS for instance) didn't want to entertain my purchase. So major kudos to Craviotto who took my purchase seriously! I'm proud to own a Craviotto!

Back to the snare, I love it! Sensitive response and the sound is deep and warm. I love it!

Yeah, Johnny is a great guy! So how does the sound compare to a drum made of metal or a snare made of plywood? Is it a warmer sound than a plywood snare drum?

Yes yes! Johnny is a great drum maker! And Joe the Operations Manager rocks too. He's the one who did the work for my purchase. :)

To be quite frank, a year ago, I tested out the Craviotto drum at a drum shop in Perth. Back then, I wasn't familiar with all the different make of snare drums out there so I was just hitting on every one. It was the Craviotto that stopped my tracks.

A year later, I decided to get one based on that experience alone. I haven't had the luxury to try and test different types of snares around here except for a few Pearl and Tama wood snares.

However, I do bring my Craviotto to jamming studios for band rehearsals. I've compared it with the stock plywood maple snare from PDP in the regular jamming studio I go to, and the Craviotto definitely sounds much fuller and warmer in comparison.