• All-around percussion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Latin percussion (congas. etc)

• Have always been a drumset player

• Total voters

40th

I always wanted to play drums, but there was this kid I grew up with who was sooo good and I never got the chance to be good because he was always on them...and my lesson teacher was no set player. so, I always got concert percussion....
Now, I have the chance to be good set player and continue my awesomeness of drumming! Hahahahaha :x

Rob Crisp

Always played kit. Persussion, marching band etc is pretty rare here in the UK. I wish I'd been a marching drummer first, would have helped get chops down and been quite fuin too I think.

Brother_Bong

Me, I'm just a hack self taught player. Always been kit. I have very little skills, as you will see in June! :shock:

Opopanax

I programmed beats, sampled & spun drum n bass records, and eventually bought V-Drums. I wanted to learn how to play jump-up beats & rollers @ 180 bpm.. Well, that's a far way off, but Jojo Mayer can show you how, it seems.

Now I just want to play everything. I think I'm a better snare drummer than set player, but that is why we practice, yeah?

drumur

I began on drumset from the time I first picked up sticks.
My Dad had a kit set up at all times and had a separate gig kit.

antiunderscores

bass-> electric guitar-> vocals-> drums (kit)-> acoustic guitar
never had an opportunity to play any other percussion but im thinking of learning harmonica cause that would be an awesome skill!

vincemie

i started by wanting to play drums and listening to records to see if i knew what people were doing, then came the air drums, then came the donated drums from friends and family members, then came working and earning money, then drums became an addiction

ChrisNichols

You forgot "Air Drummer"!. :D Although to be fair I only did that for about a week before I said 'right, I need a kit'.

antiunderscores":1b51omrd said:
bass-> electric guitar-> vocals-> drums (kit)-> acoustic guitar
never had an opportunity to play any other percussion but im thinking of learning harmonica cause that would be an awesome skill!
Dude, I play harmonica, it's awesome!

Alan_

started out on piano at age 6. played french horn in junior high band. got a drumkit at age 13. started in high school band freshman year and got proficient on timpani, mallets, snare, etc. in addition to learning kit.

Quinn

Classical guitar --> Electric guitar --> Electric bass --> Drums with many detours along the way.

kloakki

I started to play violin when I was a kid, played for about 5 years and then moved to play guitar.
Played guitar for about 4-5years and started to drift to compose music with my computer (techno/mono, idm, ambient, dub/reggae mostly) and along that I started to play littlebit synth/keyboards too, and that combination lasted for 8-9years. Then I got my V-drums set and started to get really intrested of playing drums (When I bought my V-drums, I thought it would be cool to make some hip hop beats and stuffs like that, but when I started to get more interested of drums and saw guys like Dave Weckl, Steve Smith it really got my attention and pulled me in. I had no idea before that time, that you could do so many cool things and not just hip hop beats with simple fills) Then I started realize that my V-drums sounds just dead with all those monotonic samples, and got bored really quickly of playing V-drums and bought real drums. Thats my story :)