So have you heard the new Metallica???

Multibomber

Its surprisingly good! Lars doesnt do anything spectacular, but he never really did. He keeps the songs groovin and and his snare doesnt sound like a metal folding chair. Metallica is really all about the guitars and the guitar stuff is awesome. Singing feels weird at first. Youtube "Metallica All Nightmare Long" to get you started.

And if you wanna hear something hilarious, listen to this guy's "tribute" to St. Anger. He actually used a metal folding chair for the snare.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_3ieuItPC0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_3ieuItPC0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mute

i heard one song and didn't really like it much, speaking strictly musically. it sounded like a not quite as good song off of 'load,' which was far from my favorite.

i actually hated the snare on this one, too. it sounds too snare-y, if that makes sense. like they were trying to make up for or get away from the criticism of the last album and they way overcompensated

Blitzer135

i heard a couple of their new songs last night and wasn't amazed with anything but it alrite i guess, not what i expected though

Alan_

that will always be the case with any artist that huge.

it's why I have no freaking desire whatsoever to have fame on that level.

Potatoe Snack

Alan_":3hzt454k said:
that will always be the case with any artist that huge.

it's why I have no freaking desire whatsoever to have fame on that level.
i hear ya, way too much critism. the only way to stay on top is to pull a kurt cobain and i wouldn't recommend that to anybody

DrummerByron

Potatoe Snack":39n28s5k said:
damn, the world has metallica under a microscope. i dont think one band gets as much crisitism as they do.
Just wait until the new G&R album drops, if it ever does. I really don't want to be Axle Rose when it hits. :roll: I've only heard luke warm reviews and how much has the budget exploded to? Good luck Axle :lol:

Potatoe Snack

DrummerByron":8zq92xzs said:
Potatoe Snack":8zq92xzs said:
damn, the world has metallica under a microscope. i dont think one band gets as much crisitism as they do.
Just wait until the new G&R album drops, if it ever does. I really don't want to be Axle Rose when it hits. :roll: I've only heard luke warm reviews and how much has the budget exploded to? Good luck Axle :lol:
well thats different, i know that wont be good lol. metallica for whatever reason i still have hope for

Multibomber

The vocals are too St. Anger-ish for me, I wouldve liked em better even if they were Loadish, but oh well. Judas Kiss is a great song, the music has gotten SOOOOOOOOOO much better than anything they've played in the last 15 years, but vox could be less... less...how about instead they shouldve been more Black Album-y