So, found some drums.............

gonflyn

Just bought some used Tama Granstar II's. The guy I bought them from sold me the drums, a truckload of matching Tama hardware including four boom stands, mix and match cymbals, hard shell cases and practice pads for $500, I just about fell over when I saw all the stuff. (See Show Us Your Kit department for pics.)

The sizes are 24x16 bass, 13x12 and 15x14 mounted toms, 16x16 floor and an 8" deep snare. Seems like kind of unusual sizing, having the 15 and 16 in there together, they just seem to clash somehow, I find it much easier to tune everything without the 15 but then I'm more used to the one up classic config.

What to you all think, keep the 15 in there or not?

Dale

gonflyn":2pg7o6ml said:
Just bought some used Tama Granstar II's. The guy I bought them from sold me the drums, a truckload of matching Tama hardware including four boom stands, mix and match cymbals, hard shell cases and practice pads for $500, I just about fell over when I saw all the stuff. (See Show Us Your Kit department for pics.)

The sizes are 24x16 bass, 13x12 and 15x14 mounted toms, 16x16 floor and an 8" deep snare. Seems like kind of unusual sizing, having the 15 and 16 in there together, they just seem to clash somehow, I find it much easier to tune everything without the 15 but then I'm more used to the one up classic config.

What to you all think, keep the 15 in there or not?
That's great! Well done mate.

I'd keep the 15" tom. I have a 15" tom and it's awesome.

loop

I'd keep the 15 tom. Try putting it to the left of your hihat(or to the right if you're lefty :) )

PS - you can call yourself lucky! :)

Cheapskate

I looked at the pictures...killer find, I love big drums,
asthetically (to Me) they look kinda silly all mounted, I'd either loose the 13 and use the 15 and 16, and have the super tough 4 piece (early grohl style) or get some legs put on the 15 and go 2 floor toms...

have fun.

gonflyn

Yeah, that fifteen just looks unatural mounted on the bass drum. Two floors it is then, always liked that one up two down anyway.

quikstang2

I like the two "floor" toms idea, especially if you like the one up config.
Definately keep the 15" though. Man I wish I had a 15".