snare quote

I Wear Emericas

well, disregard my last post. I've decided against Truth because well, I'm broke :D

so I was looking on that amdrumparts site and I was wondering could anyone give me a decent quote.

I was thinking...

4x14 snare shell
with a vibrant color satin wrap...
14" black powder hoops
black powder lugs
black strainer
black tension rods
*basically my hardware is all going to be black...
14" chrome snare wires

I don't know if I've got all the parts or what but this is my first experience with building and putting together my own snare. Which is sort of why I wanted Truth or Spaun. Ha so it wouldn't be DIY.
but if anyone could give me a decent quote or some help that would be way appreciated.

thank you!

andybfrank

You can get a quote from John at amdrumparts really fast. I built a 5x14 with chrome hardware, a steel strainer, and no wrap (I finished it with tung oil). Including shipping it came to about $178.00. If you buy everything from them they drill the holes and cut the edges for free.

xdoseonex

I'v never understood why people would willingly wrap theyre drums when they can be stained to let the beauty and sound of the actual wood shine through, if your wood looks like crap, is cheap, or your shell is old, wraps are cool. but i see no reason to cover a brand new wood shell up with some plastic wallpaper

Solix

xdoseonex":w7xbvqmt said:
I'v never understood why people would willingly wrap theyre drums when they can be stained to let the beauty and sound of the actual wood shine through, if your wood looks like crap, is cheap, or your shell is old, wraps are cool. but i see no reason to cover a brand new wood shell up with some plastic wallpaper
Stains can't always give you the look you want.

xrftsx

I Wear Emericas":2a7rx9m9 said:
well, disregard my last post. I've decided against Truth because well, I'm broke :D

so I was looking on that amdrumparts site and I was wondering could anyone give me a decent quote.

I was thinking...

4x14 snare shell
with a vibrant color satin wrap...
14" black powder hoops
black powder lugs
black strainer
black tension rods
*basically my hardware is all going to be black...
14" chrome snare wires

I don't know if I've got all the parts or what but this is my first experience with building and putting together my own snare. Which is sort of why I wanted Truth or Spaun. Ha so it wouldn't be DIY.
but if anyone could give me a decent quote or some help that would be way appreciated.

thank you!
i would gladly build it but i dont have like a license or anything to do that?

xdoseonex

andybfrank":30w7x35d said:
You can get a quote from John at amdrumparts really fast. I built a 5x14 with chrome hardware, a steel strainer, and no wrap (I finished it with tung oil). Including shipping it came to about $178.00. If you buy everything from them they drill the holes and cut the edges for free.
damn that sounds cheap. timekeeper quoted my snarw at over $400

Timekeep69

xdoseonex":28gz511b said:
andybfrank":28gz511b said:
damn that sounds cheap. timekeeper quoted my snarw at over $400
My quote to you also included a Cherry stain, Trick Strainer, diecast hoops, Powder coated lugs and Pure Sound snare wires. That's a BIG price difference.

xdoseonex

yeah, thats very true.i casn but the drum together myself, and amdrumparts drills the holes and cuuts the beqring edge and snare bed for you as liong as you buy everything from them. the only thing i can't do is stain the shell in a burst. how are yoyu with burst stains?

Timekeep69

xdoseonex":1mnpmy40 said:
yeah, thats very true.i casn but the drum together myself, and amdrumparts drills the holes and cuuts the beqring edge and snare bed for you as liong as you buy everything from them. the only thing i can't do is stain the shell in a burst. how are yoyu with burst stains?
Bursts are a major pain in the ass. I'd have to have Dana do it. He has more experience with bursts than I do. The problem is that if you have amdrumparts drill the shell finishing it with the hole drilled makes it even more of a pain in the ass.

xdoseonex

well would you rather drill them yourself or finish a drilled shell? how much would you charge me to drill a shell, and how much would that burst finish cost. i'm tryin to get a REAL nice snaere goin here. you sold me on the trick strainer too, im not sure if i can get that at amdrumparts.com

xdoseonex

ok cool, im thinking a red into maybe black, or a yellowish orange color. its haerd to decide, i'lll have tpo get inspirtaion from other kits