snare heads

SGarrett

The two ply head won't have as much of a bright attack and will be over-all more mellow in tone. This is the reason for power dot heads, so you can have two plies in the impact zone but still have single ply near the bearing edge so the drum can breathe.

xdoseonex

i know the basic differences. but it always helps to see what other poeple have observed using them on different snare drums

Rockula!

SGarrett":27yb0y7f said:
The two ply head won't have as much of a bright attack and will be over-all more mellow in tone. This is the reason for power dot heads, so you can have two plies in the impact zone but still have single ply near the bearing edge so the drum can breathe.
Disagree
My snares have never been brighter with an un-muffled emperor

SGarrett

xdoseonex":35k5fv0d said:
i know the basic differences. but it always helps to see what other poeple have observed using them on different snare drums
Heads are cheap enough, buy one and see how you like it. :)

Rockula!":35k5fv0d said:
SGarrett":35k5fv0d said:
Disagree
My snares have never been brighter with an un-muffled emperor
Not talking shit but, I'd say that you weren't tuning the Ambassador correctly then. One ply heads are always brighter than two ply heads, by nature.

drummer912

my one ply ambassador is pretty bright and open cause i leave it unmuffled. when my hd comes in i'll compare the two ply.

skitch

Coated Ambassador on the snare for me....I have tried an Emperor (2 ply) but it always seems to sound and fel mushy to me.