Snare Heads??

Shalaq

It depends on the music you play. The most versatile snare side heads will be 3mil thin, like Evans Hazy 300, Remo Ambassador snare or Attack snare side medium.

Scott_Hurford

REMO - Controlled sound (for focused sound)
REMO - Emperor X (The thinkest remo head, best for that hard rock feel)
REMO - Powerstroke 3 ( for a clean focused sound, it stops alot of the overtone u get from hitting the snare)

percussionmafia

From your name I take it that youre a metal drummer so I'm gonna actually say aquarians Jack Dejonete (SP?) I have been using one of those for my rock recording and it's super dry and gives great tone. I'm using it on a 13"x 5.5" staved zebrawood so it's a pretty dry drum as it is but as far as durability the head has been pretty tough as well. I'm a die hard Evans man so the fact that I'm recomending it should say alot for it LOL!

RogersDrummer

This may sound suprising, but Remo Fiberskyn FA Batter. That is a great drumhead and it makes any snare sound awesome. Its very versitle and EXTREAMLY durable. I've had a diplomat version (remo's thinnest head 7mm) And it has lasted for over 6 months. I dont play that lite either. I play funk/fusion mostly, i do hit moderatly hard, but even evans g1 heads have shown worn well within 1 month.