Snare heads - anything better than ambassador combo?

Carter

Do you know any better snare head combination than remo ambassador(batter) over remo ambassador snare?

loop

I use evans genera dry over evans hazy 300 combination. I like the sound but I will try the ambassador combo soon cause my batter head is a bit worn. I think I'll get more open and classy sound

Shalaq

I use power centers on my batter. On my piccolo snare I have a J1 head and I'm happy with it. It sounds better than the ambassador.

ARCHxANGEL

All my snares have a Remo Hazy Ambassador snare side...and the batter head is either Coated Emporer,Ebony Pinstripe,or Clear Emporer.I've found the Ebony gives off a Piccolo style sound but without being too high pitched.

LAZY.CHINO

tamadrumboy":3gj8hync said:
-14" Emperor X (BX-0114-10)
-14" Hazy Ambassador (SA-0114-00)
i use the same and its sound really cool (powerful and full bodied) and the emperor x head is very durable,

loop

LAZY.CHINO":rfvshwto said:
tamadrumboy":rfvshwto said:
-14" Emperor X (BX-0114-10)
-14" Hazy Ambassador (SA-0114-00)
i use the same and its sound really cool (powerful and full bodied) and the emperor x head is very durable,

I can't imagine a 2-ply head on my snare... Doesn't it decrease sensivity? Also it isn't very good for high tuning in my opinion.

anavrinIV

right now its hd dry over hazy 300, cranked tight. my snare is the loudest drum in my set and i love it to death.

Rob the Drummer

Coated G1 is like the ambassador. I like a good ring coming from the snare, so I don't use dry heads or 2 ply heads. When the snare is a more open sound, it really fills the gaps when you solo or do ghost notes. Some people don't like ring at all, I love it.

millsybaby

I've got Aquarian Hi-Energy batter over a Classice Clear hazy reso on my snare and it sounds amazing with extreme durability. I love the sound with an emperor x but its pretty controlled and muffled, but the hi-energy is so open and so loud - really brings out the full sound in my Tico Torres sig snare(ultracast free floater) while keeping it durable enough to take a beating off me.

andybfrank

I tried an emporer on my old snare a long time ago when I was inexperienced and just assumed that an emporer would be better than an ambassador. It sounded pretty good from where I was sitting, but not to the listner. I didn't realize that it was choking the sound. Now I use a coated G1 batter and clear snare. I tune it low and let it ring out.

Tuthmozis

Aquarian Hi-Energy over regular Yamaha by Remo snare on Maple Custom 14x6,5. Tuned high, gives a solid dark bash!!

Bluestonered

You cant go past the Remo CS dot heads for your snare. I love what they do to my steel ludgwig snare. The coated ambassadors are great too. I play rock/funk. Ive tried Aquarian and Evans when they're on special but keep coming back to Remo....