snare head help asap!!

shiebcte

hey i need a snare head that will give me a good crack on a 7x12 maple black panther. I need a suggestion as soon as possible cuz i have a show soon. any ideas?

DRUMSMYWIFE

Remo idk too much about those. Maybe a coated emperor. Or on the Evans side,G2, HD Dry, Ec2. Check the sizes on both I aint sure if they make them in you size.

screamkevin

The Evans HD and ST Dry heads are only made in 14" size. So don't worry about that. Look for a coated head for your drum, Something by Remo, Evans, Attack, or Aquarian. I'd suggest a Coated Evans G1.

xdoseonex

i'd say go one step better than the coated g1 and get the power center (or power dot i forget what its called) the reinforced center give it a more focused attack. but its a 1 ply head just like the G1. they are also available in a reverse model where the dot is on the underside of the head(the one i prefer)

anavrinIV

a coated ec2 will give you one hell of a crack when tuned high...i played one on a pearl firecracker and it had a killer pop to it.

shiebcte

yea i just got the reverse power center g1. pretty damn cracky, ill stick with that for a while, thanks guys

skitch

shiebcte":33ynk588 said:
hey i need a snare head that will give me a good crack on a 7x12 maple black panther. I need a suggestion as soon as possible cuz i have a show soon. any ideas?
A coated ambassador cranked up a bit!