slow left,... fast right

80'smetaljoe

i have been playing for 5 years now and i got a double bass pedal like 2 years ago and i can play but not as fast as i want too!...my left foot is not as strong and is slower than my right and thats a problem because everything about me is fast except my left foot ....WHAT CAN I DO?

nickbaldwin

A definate way to build strength in your left foot, practise playing single pedal beats without your right foot at all. Your left foot will never be as fast as your right unless you train it. Remember when you first started and your right foot was slow and weak? Thats the situation with the left more or less.

Stimpy

try practicing like double strokes with ur feet i.e RRLLRRLL. Do this everyday while practicing everything else and it will quickly improve the speed of ur feet

amontholdDrums

simple and easy fix.. USE IT.. you cant expect it to just be good with simple excersizes alone.. just make some basic beats with your right foot.. then do the same with your left foot.. itll take time but thats for sure the easist way to do it.

Flatliner

"Bass Drum Control" by Colin Bailey. Go through this book from start to finish using your left foot and you'll have problems no more. You'll probably want to do it with your right foot as well because I'm willing to bet that you'll be shocked how fast Bailey plays on the cd with just his right foot.

lowdrummer

ya dude start using it on simple beats when your not using your hi hat, and work your way up. Also tweak the tension of your left peddal to mabey something a little more comfortable if it already isnt.

screamkevin

Everyone has their own way. I taught myself to play both right-handed and left-handed. Whenever I feel that my left side is beginning to lag, I just switch my kit around and play left-handed. *Shrugs* It works for me.