Sloppy Foot

drummerboy24

When I play i seem to have a very sloppy foot. Like my foots always moving around it doesnt like stay in one spot on the pedal its like all over the place. I've played drums for like 6 years already and I havent really noticed it till like a month or 2 ago. I've tried different techniques but they just dont seem comfortable. What could I do to keep my feet more steady

Brother_Bong

One thing I did before to curb this activity was to look down now and again and make sure my feet were where I wanted them. Now, also I play barefoot so I can feel the pedals better.

Gabimo

Bong":1oe2xn1z said:
One thing I did before to curb this activity was to look down now and again and make sure my feet were where I wanted them. Now, also I play barefoot so I can feel the pedals better.
you normally wear shoes?
i never wear shoes -- is that abnormal or something

Brother_Bong

Gabimo":evpfhwkg said:
Bong":evpfhwkg said:
you normally wear shoes?
i never wear shoes -- is that abnormal or something
NO, that was phrased wrong, BONG does not wear shoes.It can be summed up like this. Put a fur coat on your Johnson and do the ole' lady. Then, take it off..........................nuff said.

okjohne

drummerboy24":1i1dt15e said:
When I play i seem to have a very sloppy foot. Like my foots always moving around it doesnt like stay in one spot on the pedal its like all over the place. I've played drums for like 6 years already and I havent really noticed it till like a month or 2 ago. I've tried different techniques but they just dont seem comfortable. What could I do to keep my feet more steady
back to the dudes Q and let's forget about your Johnson. my first Q would be do, you play with your heel/s Down? If so your foot will swim. Put the ball of your foot where you want it. and get your heel off the base. If your heel is down as you push your tow, your heel will move. Try lifting that heel just slightly and keep the ball of your foot steady. You can slam your heel down but it's no longer a point of reference. the ball stays put.

reefer

shoes on for me, although nothing heavy... must be light, snug fitting like converse or something similar. I never quite like the feel of the pedal without shoes on. Its definitely a question of how you're hitting... heel down and only using your ankle, or foot off the pedal playing from your knee down. Another point could be how far up the pedal do you play? I mean is your toe pushed right up to the top (against the toe stopper or into the chain), or further down - say halfway with your heel off the pedal? all of these can factor in.
Like the other guy said, work on keeping the ball of your foot in one spot, and develop a style/technique that works for you.

Gabimo

drummerboy24":xog1bdkd said:
PDP9000":xog1bdkd said:
i had the same problem so i took off the shoes and now i have a better
feel for the pedal try it.
ya but i always play with my shoes off.
I tried with shoes on, i totally sucked ass on pedals. Do you wear socks? You should be able to feel where you are on the pedals, like try playing something easy and dont look down and feel where you are, if it doesn't work then i don't know because thats just my best guess

keith bushey

Take your shoes off, or leave them on, whichever feels best. Don't put sticks in your hands, just use your feet...and play anything that is simple. Watch your feet and concentrate on keeping them focused on the pedals. Do this with a slow tempo to start with then speed up to the point of a comfortable pace. Watch and feel your feet. Do this for as long and as many times as you can stand it...every day.