Slingerland

Scott_Hurford

anyone used Sligerland drums? i've heard alot of good things about them...are the worth the cash is is there a kit in the same price range of a better quality?

Metropolis1021

iv'e been playing a 1968 slingerland kit for my whole drumming career( 4 years so far ) i don't know how the new ones are but the toms don't sound as good as i would like them to. the toms are concert style and i don't really know how much of a difference that would make haveing no bottom heads. as for the new slingerlands, i have no clue how good they are, but i know they are not cheap. i imagine that they are pretty nice.

Dale

Metropolis1021":3c8w5g5t said:
iv'e been playing a 1968 slingerland kit for my whole drumming career( 4 years so far ) i don't know how the new ones are but the toms don't sound as good as i would like them to. the toms are concert style and i don't really know how much of a difference that would make haveing no bottom heads. as for the new slingerlands, i have no clue how good they are, but i know they are not cheap. i imagine that they are pretty nice.
I own a Slingerland maple classic snare drum from the early 60's. The type Buddy played for a while. It's awesome. But I was foolish enough to loan it to someone 12 years ago. I haven't seen him since!

That's how awesome that drum is.

I've seen new Slingerland drums in MD. Has the company been resurrected?? And if so are they just using Keller shells like Gretsch?