Singer troubles?

bigbobblack

After a long spell of impossible behaviour we parted company with our singer recently. We now get bombarded with drunk, 3am sweary messages & mail declaring his God given talent and we are all the spawn of the devil...(this is obviously edited)

sound familiar? or is it just him??

dwtoast72

Yeah, sounds like a bad break up with a girl, lol....
But like inmost situations...you gotta do whatcha gotta do... Do what's best for the band... You guys obviously new that you could do better....with better. That being said, go find you a new vocalist that'll do right by the band and not just for himself.

ChrisNichols

The only problem I've ever had with my lead singer is that she's too hot. You can see me checkin her out in pictures of our performances. (It's all in good fun, of course, I hit on her all the time anyway)

But yeah, definitely have to do what the band needs. If that means losing some dead weight it's gotta be done.

Empyrean Drums

I've always said being in a band is a lot like dating 3-5 people at once. It is business, but with all of the passionate emotions things can get heated.

PDP9000

My band had singer troubles but we where able to get rid of him
and find someone better but now he is going to our shows and telling
us that we sucked and you were the worst band at the show.

bigbobblack

PDP9000":2vhna25k said:
My band had singer troubles but we where able to get rid of him
and find someone better but now he is going to our shows and telling
us that we sucked and you were the worst band at the show.
We have a (better) potential replacement coming along to try out, but I guess that will be the next thing... I know singers are supposed to have egos but jeez!

Empyrean Drums

A tip-

Find a singer who plays an instrument. They don't need to play it for you, but it's been my experience that singers who have skill at an instrument have been easier to work with.

bigbobblack

Empyrean Drums":2y7cm123 said:
A tip-

Find a singer who plays an instrument. They don't need to play it for you, but it's been my experience that singers who have skill at an instrument have been easier to work with.
I've heard this before - that if you sling a guitar round their neck they become more human, but I thought it was a myth. (I know what I'd *like* to sling round his neck)

Empyrean Drums

bigbobblack":kwpczegf said:
Empyrean Drums":kwpczegf said:
A tip-

I've heard this before - that if you sling a guitar round their neck they become more human, but I thought it was a myth. (I know what I'd *like* to sling round his neck)
I think it makes them see themselves as a musician rather then the spokesman

Brother_Bong

Empyrean Drums":2ibq502h said:
A tip-

Good point, plus they are more likely to help with equipment. :twisted:

kErmit vOn zOmbie

nah its straight out of the jilted singers handbook, almost word for word. did he threaten to come over and impregnate your dog/cat/gerbil/goldfish as well????

bigbobblack

kErmit vOn zOmbie":2cbkuuvp said:
nah its straight out of the jilted singers handbook, almost word for word. did he threaten to come over and impregnate your dog/cat/gerbil/goldfish as well????
Not yet... but apparently we're "...all just cashing in on his talent" which was a good one. The rest was unrepeatable. This from a man who;

failed to pay for a single thing in 3 years,

got bailed out of difficult situations numerous times (e.g running up a bar tab with no money)

repeatedly forgot his own lyrics

got wasted at gigs and insulted the audience/soundcrew/barstaff

walked out of a gig mid song

hardly ever made sound checks or rehearsals

but we're the assholes apparently. :shock:

Brother_Bong

bigbobblack":2389r003 said:
kErmit vOn zOmbie":2389r003 said:
Not yet... but apparently we're "...all just cashing in on his talent" which was a good one. The rest was unrepeatable. This from a man who;

got bailed out of difficult situations numerous times (e.g running up a bar tab with no money)

Quite a winner this one, eh?

bigbobblack

"Quite a winner this one, eh?"

Tell me about it - thems the edited highlights!

Thats why I was wondering if there are any more like him out there

Brother_Bong

bigbobblack":24mgnbbr said:
"Quite a winner this one, eh?"

Tell me about it - thems the edited highlights!

Thats why I was wondering if there are any more like him out there
Many from what I've seen. But like the other points made, find one that also plays, and they tend to be a little more "grounded" so to speak.
Good luck!

kErmit vOn zOmbie

bigbobblack":1sz955ke said:
kErmit vOn zOmbie":1sz955ke said:

of course your cashing in on his talent.... it is a skill set to be an asshole and have your band make excuses for you and bail you out of stuff not only is it a skill but it is a real talent. tried to be your my space friend but you don't accept requests from bands......

bigbobblack

of course your cashing in on his talent.... it is a skill set to be an asshole and have your band make excuses for you and bail you out of stuff not only is it a skill but it is a real talent. tried to be your my space friend but you don't accept requests from bands......
don't I? - I'll change that...

MuzZle

Our singer told us that when he was rich and important in the future on broadway he may throw a couple bucks our way. Primadonna bitch.

zen_drummer

There's really only two kinds of lead singers...

1) The kind that are a pain in the butt

and

2) The kind that will eventually be a pain in the butt

You want to know the true definition of "perfect pitch"?

The ability to throw a lead singer out of your band without having them whimpering like a little girl after ya do it.