Should I get these????????

middlemaniac

I am wanting pearl export drums because i heard the bass was really good, they will last forever, and they are quite easy to tune. I saw these on ebay and want to know if I should get them. There are cheaper drums out there, but these ones come with the Zildjian cymbals already. The heads might need to be replaced, but I am a begginer so those will do for now. Are they a good price, or would I be getting ripped off?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

middlemaniac

Can anyone tell me if they can tell if the drum heads in the picture are stock ones or not. And can I get more opinions on getting this set, just to be safe.

Rob the Drummer

Don't worry about drum heads, you will replace them anyway, however they do look like stock heads...if that's the case, this set looks in great condition. The cymbals themselves are worth the price right now. It's an older Export kit and it looks like it's in good condition. You will want a new kick pedal eventually and new hi-hat stand. The cymbals are all A zildjian and are fairly expensive. This would be a great beginner kit, especially for the price!

middlemaniac

if im a begginer will I be able to tell a big difference in the stock heads and non stock heads? If it is an older export model does that mean it won't sound as good? Can you tell me about how old you think it might be?

xdoseonex

there is a HUGE difference between crappy stock heads and good heads. buy that set put some good heads on it andy you'll be happy

middlemaniac

If these drums are an older model export does that mean they are not as good? And how much would it be to replace the heads for lets say remo or evans?

Naomi McFadyen

middlemaniac":mx33zr54 said:
If these drums are an older model export does that mean they are not as good? And how much would it be to replace the heads for lets say remo or evans?
I have an "old" Pearl Export kit as well... I got it 2nd hand from someone in my local paper... it came with "stock heads" as you call them... I got the heads changed within a week or 2 of buying the set (to Remo Pinstripes) and the difference IS huge... I left the bottom skins as they were, just changed the tops, but not the BD head.... just do some research on the net to get a price....
http://www.zzounds.com/item--REMPP0310PS the 12, 13, 16" set here is $44.95 plus P&P.... a very good price from these guys.... about half the usual price...
I'm about to change all heads on my kit (going to Evans) and the LOT, top and bottom, and BD head looks like it's gonna cost me about £120ish (GBP)....

I would defo bid for that kit on eBay, watch the price though.... and then replace with whatever skins you want (just to the tom tops for now and SD) out of Remo Pinstripes or Evans G2s or something..... depends on ya budget, although Evans can be sliiiightly cheaper from what I've seen, but the quality is just as good from what I've heard :)