shirt on or off?

ajfranco645

i would no question take off my shirt but im hesitant because i dont know if some people think of it as being cocky. any thoughts?

drummert2k

take it off if you want. who cares? as long as your drums are good and solid you could paint pictures of pokemon on your chest and no one could say anything about your drumming.

NCdrummer

Shirt on for me. Course, I'm 37 and starting to show the middle age spread so my shirt rarely comes off in public anymore. Having said that, my hot little 23 year old wife seems to like it so maybe I should reconsider. :wink:

stump

When it's hot the shirt comes off. Don't care what other people think and I get a chance to show off the ink!

iatemygoat

sleeveless t shirt for me mostly. but if its really hot (aka last night at the Java Joint in St Cloud) ill take my shirt off.

iatemygoat":1ij4feef said:
sleeveless t shirt for me mostly. but if its really hot (aka last night at the Java Joint in St Cloud) ill take my shirt off.
shirt on for me.

do people still go to the java joint? i've haven't played a decent show at that place since the mid-90s.

iatemygoat

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":3s5nqbl5 said:
iatemygoat":3s5nqbl5 said:
shirt on for me.

do people still go to the java joint? i've haven't played a decent show at that place since the mid-90s.
its usually a pretty small croud. even at the last show ever there(which is the show we played). prolly only 50 kids showed up.

they were making a documentary on the place when we were there. the booking guy Corey Ramsey is re-opening it somewhere else in st cloud. supposedly its going to bigger so thats definately a plus.

the one thing i couldnt stand about that place was the smoke. everyone smoked and there seemed to be no ventilation. i used to smoke and i still have one on occasion but my throat was destroyed the day after playing that place.

Jaki

I have only taken my top off once, and that was because it was boiling. Was overheating while playing.. That was a few years ago. now I have no need to take my top off, just where a skin tight sweat absorbent black t-shirt. I've learnt to control the heat from my body when I play.

Usually by putting cymbals, drums closer together to save wastable energy.

seandude

NCdrummer":3uf1xfnm said:
Shirt on for me. Course, I'm 37 and starting to show the middle age spread so my shirt rarely comes off in public anymore. Having said that, my hot little 23 year old wife seems to like it so maybe I should reconsider. :wink:
ur 37
shes 23

whats ur secret!

screamBRYAN

i'm a bit self contious, but at my school's battle of the bands we were all shirtless and hairy, it was fun playing good old punk rock.