Shine Drums

DrumsPlus

The guys are cool and good to work with. The do a few unique things and there painter is crazy good. They can do almost anything.

Alcyon

MeekaFlow, I love the kit in your dp, is that yours? I'd buy that kit from Shine in an instant if I had the capital.

ZaQ[MTG]

To tell you the truth man SHINE kits aren't that special.

there Keller shells with powder coated hardware.

SHINE, TRUTH, OCDP, SJC are all the same drums. you pay for the name.

Check out Creature Drums. There Custom Drums without the custom Price tag.

ZaQ

mrgreenjeans2234

i hate to break it to you but hes right.
all you pay for is the name past that there nothing special.
but if you love their sets then more power to ya.

but if you want a custom set hell. support one of our own
get a medicenman set thouse babies are nice.

either way its your drumming life if you like that set
buy it!
just know that sometimes all your doing riping out large
dollars for a name and a paint job.

zen_drummer

ZaQ[MTG said:
":2lnqha2z]Check out Creature Drums. There Custom Drums without the custom Price tag.
You forgot to mention without the custom craftsmanship and quality, as well!

I couldn't find a website for Creature, but I did find their myspace page.

What they have there are "custom" made drums that they should be embarassed to put their name on! This is what happens when somebody thinks that all it takes to make a custom drum kit is some keller shells and a cordless drill.

The "badges" are engraved dog tags from a pet shop. The finishes are worse than you see coming out of a high school shop classs... Messed up stains, bad sanding, and just poor quality workmanship.

The vent grommets are not in any kind of line with anything, the badges are crooked and there is a snare drum with hideously long tension rods on short tube lugs the looks pretty darned silly. Somebody send these guys a tape measure!

Look at the pictures below and see for yourself the remarkably bad craftsmanship on these drums.

DrumsPlus

When you are looking for a custom kit, you shouldn't only be looking at price. Yes a lot of them are close to construction, material and what not. It really comes down to customer service. If you call a company, Shine, Truth, or Medicenman you should feel comfortable with the company and their product.

I've seen Shine's and Truths up close and played on both. I now have a lot of pictures of Medicenman drums. They are quality products and if you talk to these guys they will work with you and help you. Many would argue that they are just riding the wave, but if you really sit down with these guys, you will find out they have the same passion, and drive that you do and want you to come back. That's who I want building my drums.

Alcyon

Hahaha wow zen, those are some serious quality control issues. I like their head though, I might get some cool stencil and copy that.

xdoseonex

zen_drummer":h40nx422 said:
ZaQ[MTG said:
":h40nx422]Check out Creature Drums. There Custom Drums without the custom Price tag.
You forgot to mention without the custom craftsmanship and quality, as well!

I couldn't find a website for Creature, but I did find their myspace page.

What they have there are "custom" made drums that they should be embarassed to put their name on! This is what happens when somebody thinks that all it takes to make a custom drum kit is some keller shells and a cordless drill.

The "badges" are engraved dog tags from a pet shop. The finishes are worse than you see coming out of a high school shop classs... Messed up stains, bad sanding, and just poor quality workmanship.

The vent grommets are not in any kind of line with anything, the badges are crooked and there is a snare drum with hideously long tension rods on short tube lugs the looks pretty darned silly. Somebody send these guys a tape measure!

Look at the pictures below and see for yourself the remarkably bad craftsmanship on these drums.

I think i could make better drums in my basement

bodiesablaze805

HEY ZEN RETARD

ok number one, those arent PET TAGS, they are custom cut tags, ya i agree they look like pet tags, but so what

2. that isnt a FLAWED stain, that is MY personal snare and is a weathered finish, there is drops of clear applied before the ocean blue was applied, i ordered it that way, your just stupid

3. vent holes are CENTERED, ONE dog tag is crooked..sooory, that doesnt even effect the sound, the customer LOVED the drums

4. the tube lugs are the exact size of most snare drums out there, it was the way it was ordered.

last but not least: that is a SCRATCH, i guess you cant tell the difference, that picture wasnt take by creature, it was take by a photographer AFTER the drum had been recieved and played, not before, it is NOT a poor sanding job, again your just a dumb old guy who has to criticise other peoples work but you think your the best

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU, STOP PUTTING DOWN OTHER PEOPLES WORK, ITS NOT LIKE YOU CAN EVEN BUILD DRUMS EITHER...YOUR JUST OLD

bodiesablaze805

again for ZEN_DRUMMER

here is what the owner of the brown set just said:

f*** that s*** my set is perfect, one off-center dog tag is nothing to s***about, i didnt even notice that until now, and i still dont care, you should see all the looks from people in awe every time im setting up, everyone thinks its gorgeous and that assdick is just jealous

i love my dog tagged snare <333

not to mention my set is so unbelievably boomin

bodiesablaze805

4 yr olds? what the hell are you talking about, are you related to zen_drummer, cause i think some of his stupid rubbed off on you, you dont even know custom drums, your just some person who stares at custom drums all day cause you cannot afford a custom kit and then you think that makes you an expert on drums..idiot dont put ppl dont for their work, its mean

bodiesablaze805

what does that mean? a 4 yr old building drums? you dont even know the first thing about custom drums, you just play some pearl crap and stare at custom drums dreaming that you can afford one, one day. that doesnt qualify you to know anything about custom drums, so maybe you can go more into depth about what you meant by 4 yr olds? and re-think your answer. ok kid

Alcyon

i called you a four year old because you type like a toddler, and because you blasted zen, when he's got a hell of a lot more cred on these forums than you have. you've got your panties in a knot about an anonymous guy insulting your shoddily made drums on the internet, and you're stooping to personal attacks because of your bruised ego. you've got the maturity of a four year old, apparently, so that's why i called you one. if you're old enough to build drums and have your own business, you should act your age and take some constructive criticism.