Shannon Larkin

Jum-Bo-Lya

One of my favorite drummers, What do you think? personally, I think he is one of the most visual drummer out there.

I think he's great. Not only is he a very physical player but the parts he actually plays are very cool. I think he's been an excellent addition to Godsmack, and I really enjoy the drum duels he and Sully Erna do live.

Timekeep69

He's a great drummer but I met him after a Godsmack show and he was either high or drunk because I asked him how long he's been drumming and he said he was 39 and has been playing since he was 10 but couldn't do the math.

Still a great drummer though.

Majestyfan

Shannon is bad ass. Back in Wrathchild America the man was blowing me away with some of the craziest shit i had heard at the time. I still have trouble playing some of that shit and it's been like 20 years!!! When I heard he joined Godsmack, i got all excited an got the CD... and found that it was the same old Godsmack. This was Shannon Larkin? I honestly couldn't tell the difference. Hey, at least in Ugly Kid Joe he gave them a good kick in the ass. (I love the song 'God", it just grooves, man) The band did actually sound different (and better IMO). But with Godsmack, SOS. But I can't say shit, the man plays circles around me (when he wants to) and has been making a living doing it for the last 20 years. To this i say, BRAVO Shannon.

Slammz

Shannon is the best !! I love his playing in Godsmack and ugly Kid Joe!! Great stuff, good showman and top notch player with attitude!!

break the prism

Timekeep69":vox5yka5 said:
Sully typically plays the drums on Godsmack albums.
that stopped when shannon joined the band, actually.

sully recorded and performed drums for a while before tommy stewart joined godsmack, but due to several problems in the studio, sully still had to record the drums (which was good because he's amazing). after tommy left, sully didn't want to have to keep playing full time so they looked for another drummer and found shannon larkin.

larkin is one of the best hard rock drummers out there, in my opinion. he draws on a group of influences that are very uncommon in modern hard rock such as latin, indian, and celtic percussion. his drumming is also very fluid and precise.

anavrinIV

i love shannons playing because he does what the music calls for and adds his own flavor in there.

plus, he has the best sounding recorded drums imo

Spydr2000

screamkevin":1gljyk22 said:
I've loved Shannon's drumming since Wrathchild America. And I even forgave him for Ugly Kid Joe. :lol:
I didn't know he played in Wrathchild America, I remember these guys from years ago, also being on the cover of the PA Musician. Small world....

lousypadrummer

I didn't know much about him until I saw him with Godsmack. He's a great player, but seeing him really impressed me. How does anyone play like that?

Jum-Bo-Lya

lousypadrummer":3mhn0tkd said:
I didn't know much about him until I saw him with Godsmack. He's a great player, but seeing him really impressed me. How does anyone play like that?
Ive been trying to set my style like his for a year, , he`s amazing!