[Shalaq] - Mapex Saturn Pro

Shalaq

Specs:
Drums:
Mapex Saturn Pro in Antique Ivory Lacquer Finish
Sizes- 10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13(tom-tom customly converted to a floor tom), 18x16
Snare- Black Panther Walnut 14x6.5
Cymbals:
Istanbul Agops:
Pasha 22 Ride
Empire 14 hats
Turk 17 Crash
Meinls- (soon to be replaced, as the Meinl distributor in Poland appears to be an ass):
Generation X 14 china, 16&17 crashes, 18 crash/ride

Hardware- 2 pearl stands(boom& straight), 1 tama stand(straight) and clamp, mapex boom stand.
Mapex throne and snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedals and hh stand, Dimavery Rototoms(cheap, but the Evans heads give them a "normal" sound)
Heads- For now I use Evans G1's on top, ambassadors on bottom, Power Center on the snare(Hazy 300), and attack 2ply no overtone/1ply no overtone on the kick. Heads to be replaced by all attacks(evans distributor is the distributor for meinl in Poland :p )

Animal

Great kit! :D
Good to see you're getting rid of the Meinl's.

If you like to get rid of the Istanbuls too, just send it to Norway! :lol: (Are those the Sultan series, by the way?)

Shalaq

I am wondering about getting a Sultan 16 crash, but I think I'll pass- it's to light for me- I'd break it in a couple of months. I'll probably get a 16 traditional rock crash or medium crash. I am also getting a 20 sizzle ride(as secondary ride/ big crash cymbal).
I don't have any Sultans and I'm not getting rid of my Istanbuls :p sorry :)

Qbs

classy looking kit althoug those crashes seem really low above those them toms, don't they hit each other?

Animal

Shalaq":2n2snudj said:
I am wondering about getting a Sultan 16 crash, but I think I'll pass- it's to light for me- I'd break it in a couple of months. I'll probably get a 16 traditional rock crash or medium crash. I am also getting a 20 sizzle ride(as secondary ride/ big crash cymbal).
I don't have any Sultans and I'm not getting rid of my Istanbuls :p sorry :)
You should go for the 18" Sultan Crash! Great sounding Cymbal, and not so easy to break... yet! :p

I have really come to love those 18" crashes, and I have 2 18" Crashes now, the Sultan and a "A" Zildjian.

loop

Wow, I'm lovin' this setup! But - those meinl don't fit there IMO.. And - isn't your 18 floortom a bit more bright than the rest of your toms? cheers :)

Shalaq

Yes, the colour is different, but it will change its colour by a year or so. I looked at my older pics and the drums are brighter in coulour.

This kit is just a show-off. At a normal setting I'd use half of the kit. Right now I play 2 crashes, 1 ride 1 crash/ride, hats snare bd and 3 toms. I'll probably never use all of this stuff in one gig :)