Sepultura Introduce New Drummer

Greg

Sepultura Introduce New Drummer

Brazilian thrashers SEPULTURA introduced their new drummer Jean Dolabella (ex-UDORA) last Friday (July 21) at the Vilar de Mouros festival in Portugal. The following report was posted at the band's official web site by the group's bassist, Paulo Xisto Pinto Jr.:

read more....

Qbs

As far as I'm concerned Sepultura ended when Max left and now that Igor has also left I don't expect anything interesting from the band

Shalaq

To be honest I think that after the two most important figures leaving the band, the rest should seriously consider changin the projects name and starting it all over again.

Aeternal

Shalaq":3qqv822z said:
To be honest I think that after the two most important figures leaving the band, the rest should seriously consider changin the projects name and starting it all over again.
+1. Sepultura is done in my eyes.....has been for awhile. what...8-10 years??

Timekeep69

I read that Iggor and Max are talking again and that Max would like to do a Sepultura reunion.

I agree. Seputltura went down the shitter when Max left, now that Iggors gone, it's not Sepultura anymore.

Qbs

I wonder if they'd play something really interesting after 10 years of not playing together

noeld

I went to the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, CA and saw the

ARISE tour in 1992 i believe, and that blew me away.. I thought

after that LP it wasn't the same.

metaldrummer

sorry, since this is a bit of an old topic.

But I wanted to see Sepultura, and I am happy I didnt go, because they canceled that show(part of the reason possibly due to Border issues) Then I looked to see how many shows they missed and it was a good amount of shows.

screamkevin

It's kind of the same situation as Guns-N-Roses. This version is not GNR, it's Axl and a band. Velvet Revolver is more GNR than GNR.

REVEREND_HUDSON

Any word on what Igor will do now?

He autographed a CD for me in Atlanta some 15 years ago when Arise came out. Man I cherised (and still do) that....

jbreshears

Timekeep69":7cvbmisb said:
According to his myspace page, he's getting into becoming a DJ.
Man are you serious? God i hope that sepultura gets bak together, and gets rid of that god awful singer.....I was a die hard fan of Sepultura until max left the band and now igor. I agree they should change there name and start over, cause they are doing alot of songs that are not even theres.

santana81

With all due respect to Andreas and Paolo, with Igor gone, I can't see them as Sepultura anymore. I think I still followed the band because of Igor.

A friend of mine caught a soulfly show in Arizona and said Igor played Roots and Attitude with them. Soulfly has a great drummer but as unpredictable as that lineup has been we may see Igor with them some day.

Brother_Bong

I've had The Sepultura tribal "S" tattooed on my calf since 1994, and I haven't listened to anything since Max left. I saw Sep. with the new singer in Jersey some time ago, and I thought it sucked. The songs were sped up, and the emotion was gone. I agree, no Max, no Ig(g)or, no SEPULTURA!