Secret Weapons For The Modern Drummer?

TheYardstick

Has anyone checked this out yet? It's Jojo Mayer's new DVD and I wanted your input on it.

While we're talking about Jojo Mayer, anyone else read his latest interview in Modern Drummer?

rufus4dagruv

Great interview. I've got the DVD on order. Most people I've spoken with who have seen the DVD say that it is mostly concepts that many drummers are aware of, but because of Jojo's amazing ability to demonstrate and explain them, they can still take a lot away from the content.

Airborne Ranger

By far the best DVD on hand technique on the market. It's very well produced and the information will give you years worth of material to study. It's not a showoff DVD, he simply gives you the techniques, and many variations of those techniques, then it's up to you to apply them to your style of music. The little grooves he plays between segments are great and infectious. Highly recommended.

FatherTime

Airborne Ranger":1p34ard3 said:
By far the best DVD on hand technique on the market. It's very well produced and the information will give you years worth of material to study. It's not a showoff DVD, he simply gives you the techniques, and many variations of those techniques, then it's up to you to apply them to your style of music. The little grooves he plays between segments are great and infectious. Highly recommended.
I would echo this. I believe this is one of those items that changes based on your experience level. I, as a beginner, get tons of info out of this DVD. From the most basic right up to and just beyong my level of comprehension. I can see also that there is a lot of info that is well beyond me. I look forward to spending time with this DVD for many many hours to come.

Homki890

Own it, love it. Jojo can teach anything, and goes to great lengths to make sure every detail is clearly explained, and his research and sources are correct. It's probably the new standard on hand technique as far as DVD's go.

Homki890

DrumsPlus

I read the interview and it's great. I haven't seen the whole video yet, but clips and it looks amazing. Hope to get it in the next few weeks.

drumur

I just watched some more of it.
I'm blown away by the techniques that he teaches.
He has freakish technique.
I already use Moellar but those fast one handed 1/16 notes are killer.
The one where he says it's his method of increasing speed.

dbkman

I'm a subscriber to MD, and I loved that interview, he's got great views and theory on drums. I want the DVD though!

nickg

dbkman":3j591f8d said:
I'm a subscriber to MD, and I loved that interview, he's got great views and theory on drums. I want the DVD though!
ok...i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. i read that interview and at the end i'm thinking "what the f*** was he talking about????" his answers had very little cohesion and comprehension to me for some reason....and i sho' ain't no dummy!!

drumur

ok...i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. i read that interview and at the end i'm thinking "what the f*** was he talking about????" his answers had very little cohesion and comprehension to me for some reason....and i sho' ain't no dummy!!

Watch the video and he'll blow you away.
His explanation is very eloquent and his demonstration of technique is superb!