Saluda Mist X Vented Sizzle 18" Crash

johnnyringo

I just bought one of these Saludas off ebay for $61, it's descibed as a new cymbal with four sets of 3 vents and four sets of 3 rivets. Anyone heard these? I can't find it on there website. Any help would be appreciated.

screamkevin

Johnny,

It's most likely a custom one-off that Saluda made for someone that the client decided not to have. The venting sets are most likely small holes, much smaller than the Sabian O-Zone venting holes. If the seller on EBay was UFSports, then that's being sold by Jamie Lambert of Saluda. There is also a chance (small chance, however) that the cymbal may be a prototype that was never released to the public.

From the Saluda site:

Do you offer custom made cymbals?
Yes, we offer custom cymbals. We won't offer a cymbal that is taken out of a series, but we will modify a cymbal to meet your sound needs. This extra customization can be additional hammering, lathing, air vents, polishing, etc.

If you have questions on the cymbal, you can email Jamie directly at info@saludacymbals.com or call 803-776-6898.

johnnyringo

Yes, it says it is a prototype, the vented holes are small holes, about the size of a riveted hole. I'm guessing paying $61 is a good deal, anyway I'll post some photos when it arrives, and give a review.

Tazdrummer

johnnyringo":35z6b3jd said:
Yes, it says it is a prototype, the vented holes are small holes, about the size of a riveted hole. I'm guessing paying $61 is a good deal, anyway I'll post some photos when it arrives, and give a review.
Looking forward to the review.

I think I have seen a similar cymbal of that nature up there a few times. I had thought about it, but I am TRYING to save for some hi-hats.

johnnyringo

Well it came in today, it looks kind of funny with all the holes.
Not sure if I like it, when I hit it with all the rivets it sounded sort of noisy.
When I took off the rivets it sounded much like a Wuhan.
I'll give it a real test drive tomorrow at our gig, then I'll give a full review.

llllarry

Funny, because I was watching that exact same auction. I was away new years eve night when I closed so I didn't bid on it, but I checked the next day and saw it went for pretty cheap. Hope you enjoy it!