Sabian HHX Evolution

HeaveyDrummer

I founf a used Sabian HHX Evolution 16" crash at
a local pawn shop, good condition, clean, for
$130.00, is thisa good deal? Should I buy it.

Thank you for answering.

SGarrett

HeaveyDrummer":3leo3t1f said:

Thank you for answering.
Check it very thoroughly for cracking around the edge, bell, and hole. One of the best ways is to hold it up to the light. Even then, there could be microscopic fractures. That said, I'd probably buy it if looks alright. GC/MF sells them for $240 and the shop I used to work in would sell it for $192.

body6u4rd

if it has no keyholing, cracks, and is straight i would definitely pick it up...... you have to be careful as it is a thin cymbal but it is a beautiful crash, has incredible response and i love mine.

skitch

HeaveyDrummer":3uxpmm3x said:

Thank you for answering.
If it has no cracks or keyholing, take cash and offer $100.

body6u4rd":1myi65ks said:
if it has no keyholing, cracks, and is straight i would definitely pick it up...... you have to be careful as it is a thin cymbal but it is a beautiful crash, has incredible response and i love mine.
I completely agree as long as there are no cracks or other damage to the cymbal definetly go pick it up! There amazing cymbals!

skitch

SHOGUNWARRIOR32":132pf7yk said:
If you dont buy it..i will! IMO..there is no better sounding cymbal than the Evolutions.
Yeah....these are THE crash right now. And the cracking thing should be less of a concern as these are made to be a buttersoft feel and less prone to crack. I am not saying that they can't be though!

BR523

I bought an 18" Evolution Crash for around $170 used. Best sounding cymbal I ever owned...and then it broke less than 6 months after I bought it. Maybe it was because it was used? it looked ok when I bought it, not alot of markings and no cracks, keyholeing, ect.

tapeworm97

BR523":pxry4nsk said:
I bought an 18" Evolution Crash for around $170 used. Best sounding cymbal I ever owned...and then it broke less than 6 months after I bought it. Maybe it was because it was used? it looked ok when I bought it, not alot of markings and no cracks, keyholeing, ect.
hope that doesnt happen to my used Zildjian Trash China 18"

Rem

skitch":gt3jxkh1 said:
HeaveyDrummer":gt3jxkh1 said:

Thank you for answering.
If it has no cracks or keyholing, take cash and offer $100.
my greatest buys have been done like that, got £60 off a snare

getit