Sabian Family Problems

Alan_

well, here's the deal:

sabian started in the early 80's as a result of some family in-fighting between brothers armand and robert zildjian.

maybe we'll get another quality cymbal brand out of this!

Timekeep69

Sounds like family traditions are killing this family. the split between Zildjian and Sabian was caused by Armand Zildjian giving cymbal formulas to both sons instead of just the eldest.

Now it looks like Bill got skipped over for company president.

Rob Crisp

They do like to fight those Zildjian lads!

I'll bet the Zildjian camp, as in Zildjian Cymbals, are in hysterics right now. :p They lost a large percentage of their market share after Sabian was formed from the last feud.

Drumosaurus

Alan_":2dq6ftc3 said:
well, here's the deal:

sabian started in the early 80's as a result of some family in-fighting between brothers armand and robert zildjian.

let's hope :D

NH

i think that in the end the money all goes to the same place, so ziljian and sabian are basically the same company. in truth thats all it is, and out of this there may coem a new company liek alan_ said, called something liek biljian :lol: and the money will still got to the same place. i feel sorry for other cymbal companies.

SGarrett

You think incorrectly. There is an extremely bitter dispute still very much alive between the Zildjian and Sabian sides of the family. Sabian and Zildjian actually do have slightly different alloy formulas along with manufacturing techniques. :)

Vanden

Alan_":pdaxl2dz said:
well, here's the deal:

haha i actually laughed at that one!!

NH

wow, imagine hating your cousin/brother/uncle. just because of money and business. sick world we live in eh?

Timekeep69

SGarrett":3kugvrgr said:
They're old world. Zildjian is the oldest company in the world.
Yep, 400+ years and counting.

On a lighter note, the family feud between Max and Iggor Cavalera is over and they have formed a new band called the Cavalera Conspiracy.

ok, back to the Zildjians.

DrumsPlus

It is to bad to see something like this, but like Garrett said the old man set the example for his boys. It would be interesting to see another cymbal company form, but I wonder what tricks the sons have learned. If I remember correctly, Bob was the head of Zildjian's R&D department when the other split happen. I wounder if he let the boys be as evolved this time around.

BillRayDrums

Family problems suck for sure.
I had found out my father was financing my ex-wife's legal defense in my custody battle and if insult to injury were not enough, provided the emails I had sent to him upon learning of this fact to the court. That's some pretty bad betrayal if you ask me.

DrumsPlus

BillRayDrums":30jhxy0x said:
Family problems suck for sure.
I had found out my father was financing my ex-wife's legal defense in my custody battle and if insult to injury were not enough, provided the emails I had sent to him upon learning of this fact to the court. That's some pretty bad betrayal if you ask me.
Wow, now that would be an all time low. I hope you still got time with your little one. CA is a pain in the ass when dealing with Fathers in custody battles at least they where with my dad. In WI I at least got a fair shake.

SmellsLikeIan

NH":5ezayab3 said:
wow, imagine hating your cousin/brother/uncle. just because of money and business. sick world we live in eh?
Wait until your grandparents die. You'll get to see the ugly side of relatives you'd never imagined would have an ugly side.