Sabian Cymbals

phoenix7289

I have a 16" Sabian Vault Crash and it sounds GREAT! Such a powerful explosion and I wanna get an 18" and a 20".... Sabian AAXplosion and Sabian AA Metal-X's are also really good for metal sounds....

skdrummer

yea, i am thinking about getting the AA metalX pack, one more thing, does anyone know any good punk drummers who use sabian? or drummers of the same style as neil peart cus im also lookin at the paragon crashes

anavrinIV

its all personal preference as far as sound goes...the paragons probably wont suit you too well for punk, imo, but the aaxs should do you well. i would definately advise against buying a cymbal pack as you probably wont like at least one of the cymbals too much and thats a waste of money on your part at that point. the aa metal x cymbals are nice though...probably my favorite aa cymbals and they should do you well for what you describe. for drummers that play sabians check out mike portnoy (dream theater), vinnie paul (pantera), thomas haake (meshuggah), will calhoun (living colour). none of them play the paragons but you can check out their setups at sabian.com

skdrummer

thx, i totally forgot about vinnie!
also, does anyone hav the full equipment list for Spencer Smith from panic! at the disco?

Eliminator

Sabian seem to be really widely used in metal. George Kollias from Nile, Flo Mounier from cryptosy and Dan Foord from Sikth have great looking setups to name a few

Spydr2000

skdrummer":821scx5m said:
so i was wondering what sabian cymbals are good for hard rock/punk style music
I'm not going to tell you not to buy Sabians but what you should do is go to your local music store/drum shop and listen to them all sabian, zildjian and paiste.. those are the top 3 brands. Listen to the quality in all lines. I don't buy expensive cymbals anymore, technolgy has made lower lines sound just as good plus though my abuse testing they hold up better. If you were recording all the time I would purchase something higher end. But if your just doing live music your not going to be able to tell the difference between a B8 pro or a AA series thought the mix. All this is up to your tastes.

devilspain

Spydr2000":w9n9n95w said:
skdrummer":w9n9n95w said:
I'm not going to tell you not to buy Sabians but what you should do is go to your local music store/drum shop and listen to them all sabian, zildjian and paiste.. those are the top 3 brands. Listen to the quality in all lines. I don't buy expensive cymbals anymore, technolgy has made lower lines sound just as good plus though my abuse testing they hold up better. If you were recording all the time I would purchase something higher end. But if your just doing live music your not going to be able to tell the difference between a B8 pro or a AA series thought the mix. All this is up to your tastes.

hey spydr2000 here a wee link

http://www.sabian.com/english/webmayhem/soundcheck.cfm

check out the vaults if you hate them i dunno. also check out this video never mind the drummin the sound of vaults are explosive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjqsioLM6s

take care.

ozdrumnut

Cymbals seem to just get better evey year!

I aggree that the big boys have all picked up there game in the lower end of the market, but you still get what you pay for.

Nothing beats a hand made, top of the line cymbal. The fact that Sabian still hand make every model from AA up and across, gives me confidence.

If a guy is turning the cymbal on a lathe, he is going to know how to work that particular piece of metal. Then if it gets hand hammered, that is just the icing on the cake, as the sound has been shaped by a pro with an ear for what that particular cymbal needs to sound like.

The composition of metals in the top lines speak for them selves as well.

The only thing I find a downer is my girl when she finds out how much I have spent on one! (Usually a HHX... all good).

Spydr2000

devilspain":1pemr7ue said:
Spydr2000":1pemr7ue said:
skdrummer":1pemr7ue said:

hey spydr2000 here a wee link

http://www.sabian.com/english/webmayhem/soundcheck.cfm

check out the vaults if you hate them i dunno. also check out this video never mind the drummin the sound of vaults are explosive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjqsioLM6s

take care.
Man this is killing me ... listen to how long the sustain is on a B8 pro 18" heavy crash compared to a AA and AAX 18" doesn't matter what kind. The B8 pro is brite and shimmers like a crash should. Just my point don't rule out what line they are. Thanks for the link I did use it.

ClintKelly

i own a set of Sabian AA-Metal X's and they work GREAT. They're indestructable, and they produce a great sound. I would reccomend these if your looking for durability.

SABIAN CYMBALS ARE GOOD FRISBEES!! DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUY THESE CYMBALS FOR ANY KIND OF MUSIC!! NOT EVEN IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SOUND RETARDED!!! SABIAN CYMBALS ARE WORTH NOTHING!!! SABIANS ARE CRAP!!!!!!!1

anavrinIV

betterdrummerthanyou":3k8i2ssc said:
SABIAN CYMBALS ARE GOOD FRISBEES!! DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUY THESE CYMBALS FOR ANY KIND OF MUSIC!! NOT EVEN IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SOUND RETARDED!!! SABIAN CYMBALS ARE WORTH NOTHING!!! SABIANS ARE CRAP!!!!!!!1
please let us into your vast knowledge that leads you to this conclusion. i have sabians that sound absolutely amazing, especially my hh ride that i wouldnt trade for any other cymbal. you never seem to post anything other than sabians being bad cymbals but you never explain yourself...please do.

GeorgeDemise

I used paragons playing metal and hardcore for a while actually, I think they sounded pretty good! I use a 19" AA rock crash now though, sounds awesome!

RLRRLRLL

I primarily play hard rock and I use AAXplosion crashes, AA Rock Hats, and I love my 22" HH Power Bell ride. I love Sabians, I won't use anything else.