Sabian AAXplosion Question

Alcyon

I've seen two versions of the AAXplosion - one with this logo:

And one with this logo (much cooler):

What's the difference? And which one is the current version?

Capeside Alex

Actually I believe the first pic is the new version. Coming from someone who used to love them and buy them. This cymbal sounds incredible, but has the life span of a fucking ant. Worst strength. I'd only suggest using this cymbal in the studio. Nothing else.

DrumGuy07

They are marketing them both right now. I own the first version with the raw bell. I think its a nice touch and its a great cymbal.

Alcyon

So odd how it's apparently such a loud cymbal and yet you're not supposed to hammer them. Doesn't volume follow strength?

lancers

Yes I believe the second one is current I bought the first one a couple of years ago, loved it!

Very nice crash!

anavrinIV

the top version is the new one. i own 2 of them, a 14 and an 18, and they both look like the top one. i just got the 14 about 5 months ago too.

i dont know how you can say that these things have no lifespan because ive had my 18" about a year and a half with no dents, chips, cracks, or keyholing. im not a real heavy hitter but i do ride that cymbal a lot when i playing with my band and its never let me down. and i have to agree with shalaq that they dont need to be hit real hard to make a lot of noise.

XIxPxGX

I just got a 14 inch aax exxplosion crash with my 21 inch HH raw bell dry ride. it sounds really good and i hit pretty hard and its still in brand new condition all you gotta do is clean it every now and then. but i like that one better then that new one i like how it has a bigger bell.

downshifter99

The second pic is the newer model.

You do NOT have to hit them hard to get full volume(hence the word:Xplosion).

They will last a long time(I've been playing AAXplosions for about 5-6 years now)as long as you hit the cymbal properly.Most people hit/smash/quash a cymbal...WRONG :shock: ...and they will hit it harder thinking(that being wrong)that it will give more volume.Certain cymbals have certain volumes....that CANNOT be forced to give more than they have :idea: !!!

To me:These cymbals ARE the best ones out there!!!

I have an 18" & 19"......blended w/a 17" HH thin crash........perfection :!:

TomPiperni

I don't think it's a matter of new and old, I'm pretty sure it's just Canadian and American. Either way, the second picture is ugly as shit, the logo is disgusting.

And whomever it was that said they don't last long, I highly disagree. I have had my 18" for two years now and I am a very heavy hitter. Still not a single mark made on it, and I use it a lot.

Tom.

303_Cliff

I've had a 14, 16 and 18 of these on my kit for about a year and I love them in the studio and on stage. These are the most durable cymbals I've ever used, I don't see them ever breaking - they are thick, yet repsond quickly when hit.

My only issue is that if I smack 'em too hard they tend to have a rough sound - but I think that's my fault - they make me pay attention to my technique a bit more since they are so sensitive.

Rock on - if you want to hear these cymbals check out the songs on my myspace or on my bands myspace - all AAX.

myspace.com/pnuckle
myspace.com/cliffordp

zen_drummer

I just called Sabian on the phone...

The first one with the rough bell is the current production model. If you go to the site and Download the new catalogue you'll see the new (first picture) logo as well.

PaulZILLA

the second is the one ive seen more of recently. but th ey both are still being made. just 2 slightly diff logos and make

I've had both logos with the raw bell. They have all sounded great. I've been playing AAXplosions for about 5-6 years and have only broken 2 of them, very durable cymbals.

anavrinIV

downshifter99":3tbeahwq said:
The second pic is the newer model.

You do NOT have to hit them hard to get full volume(hence the word:Xplosion).

They will last a long time(I've been playing AAXplosions for about 5-6 years now)as long as you hit the cymbal properly.Most people hit/smash/quash a cymbal...WRONG :shock: ...and they will hit it harder thinking(that being wrong)that it will give more volume.Certain cymbals have certain volumes....that CANNOT be forced to give more than they have :idea: !!!

To me:These cymbals ARE the best ones out there!!!

I have an 18" & 19"......blended w/a 17" HH thin crash........perfection :!:
its good to hear that they blend with the hh thins because i was seriously looking at the 17" hh thin crash, as well as the 19" hh thin and the 16" aaxplosion. if i could get those i would be set.