Sabian AAX X-celorator hi hats?

Jum-Bo-Lya

Im thinking about getting a new pair of hats, I saw these on thwe internet and wondering if anyone knows anything about them?

Scott_Hurford

Jum-Bo-Lya":1dw95kcg said:
Im thinking about getting a new pair of hats, I saw these on thwe internet and wondering if anyone knows anything about them?
chad smith used them in the recording for the album "Stadium Arcadium" have a listen :wink:

devilspain

i bought a set 3/4 years ago and i still like them they very loud and very deep. now im lookin for smaller brighter hats. prob 13" sabian studio hats

ruppbeat

Jum-Bo-Lya":2wg7blv4 said:
Hi, here is the deal, Sabian makes 3 sets of AAX X-celerators.
the 13" are bright, high pitched, and have alot of bite!
the 14" are a bit darker, with more 'crunch'.
the 15" are very 'rock', with loud, washy tones.
I have all 3 sets at the moment, and am using the 14" more.
Also, check out the HHXs as well.

As far ad the comment my Brandon8robinson. He thinks they are too 'expensive'..? Well, unless he prefers cheap, student cymbals, the AAXs are very fair priced, with a modern retailer discount. Maybe he has not bought any new cymbals in recent years. Has he seen the price of gas,,,water...coffee? Cymbal pricing is based upon the going world rate of copper and tin,,and both those metals have sky-rocketed due to the massive buidling in India and Asia. Sabian has kept the pricing as low as possible, and lower the other companies.

ultrastu

I a paiste lover but i must say I fell in love with the 14 inchers! They just have something that makes them sound so tasty.

drummert2k

i've used the same pair for about 4 years now and love them. just keeo them nice and polished. they sound great. they are a little "darker" but still have a great attack and fairly bright stick defenition when using nylon tip sticks.

and i got them new for like 150 bucks. thats pretty cheap for a set of good hats.

ajfranco645

i was thinking about getting them because i saw chad smith using them on the modern drummer festival dvd and liked the sound. i went to the store and checked them out, but i compared them to the zildjian version (the a mastersounds) and liked them better =/ my advise. DEFINITELY compare those two. Chad smith may use the sabians but travis barker uses the zildjians

drummer912

ajfranco645":3c2bcl9b said:
i was thinking about getting them because i saw chad smith using them on the modern drummer festival dvd and liked the sound. i went to the store and checked them out, but i compared them to the zildjian version (the a mastersounds) and liked them better =/ my advise. DEFINITELY compare those two.
agreed 100%. When I heard their new-ish cd and saw their concert on tv, I loved those hats, but when i tried them out in person....ehhh....not so much. i prefer the mastersounds.