RUSH delivery

Call me Gideon

Aight. I got my first ever RUSH cd today! I've never heard a lot of Rush. Just the stuff you hear on the radio so I picked up Retrospective II 1981-1987, mainly because it has some of the songs that I know and like on it. What are some other good Rush cds to pick up?

trstn

question of taste I say, my personal ones are:

A Farewell To Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves

All albums are good music, if you like Rush.

trstn

EDIT: This is pretty much OT :D

Call me Gideon

Crap...I didn't even remember about the "off topic" board. If a moderator get's ahold of this slide it over to where my dumb ass shoulda put it in the first place! :roll:

m

A Farewell To Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves

All albums are good music, if you like Rush.
these are good, solid progressive album suggestions here, considered by many to be their best period.

MOVING PICTURES is also highly regarded, and 2112.

personally I also like Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows a lot, as Neil moved into some interesting areas, percussion-wise. Great drum-along material here. Not everyone likes the 80s Rush, the keyboards seem to offend the classic-rock fans, but I think it was a great era for Rush's sound.

Get them all. But get the first one ('Rush') LAST

PDP9000

I just got the new snakes and arrows in the mail and damn this CD has to have the best Audio in it my mouth droped when i first heard it

anavrinIV

moving pictures is my favorite but snakes and arrows (the newest one) has some pretty sick songs on it too...i went to see them live a couple weeks ago and they are amazing.

christopherabruce

It really is the best and most cohesive album they've done in a long time.

Christopher

PDP9000":1pd1fuzm said:
I just got the new snakes and arrows in the mail and damn this CD has to have the best Audio in it my mouth droped when i first heard it

stump

Check out their lastest Snakes and Arrows. Great stuff. Their live Rush in Rio cd is awesome with a great variety of old and new stuff! I shot this over to off topic for you! Peace on ya!

xdoseonex

snakes and arrtows is great. i also really like "the best of rush" every song on that cd is great, also moving pictures a 2112

Johnny Cat

Presto is a REALLY good drum kit and electronic percussion album that is always overlooked. And as a Rush album in general it ranks in my top 5 favorites:

1. Permanent Waves
2. Moving Pictures
3. Grace Under Pressure
4. Presto
5. Test For Echo

Those are followed very closely behind by 2112, A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres and Counterparts.

PDP9000

anavrinIV":3h0mk1am said:
moving pictures is my favorite but snakes and arrows (the newest one) has some pretty sick songs on it too...i went to see them live a couple weeks ago and they are amazing.
how good was there show im going next month