[rockstark] - Mapex Saturn Pro

Shalaq

New member
Is that Antique Ivory? I've got the same drums :) What are your sizes? Mine are studio plus an 18 inch floor tom on the way.
What snare do you use?
 

rockstark

New member
Shalaq":2ly0lzet said:
Is that Antique Ivory? I've got the same drums :) What are your sizes? Mine are studio plus an 18 inch floor tom on the way.
What snare do you use?
Yes Antique Ivory :D Right on!!

I bought the Fusion set which comes with 8', 10', 12', 14', and 16'.

I am going to get the 18 as well... My bass drum is 22'

I use an old ludwig snare... ugly but sounds great on mic or in studio. I also use the 14' mapex snare that came with my kit and a 10' pdp.

I have a mixture of cymbals zildjian and sabian...

DW 5000 pedals
DW hardware
Vater sticks (Fatback 3B)

When I get a chance I will put some more pics up...
 

Shalaq

New member
I'll PM you about the 18 floor as soon as I get it. I was thinking of converting it to a second bass drum for some situations.
I bought a shell set with no snare, because I use a black panther walnut one. How does the saturn snare sound?
 

rockstark

New member
Shalaq":3gxth2jh said:
I'll PM you about the 18 floor as soon as I get it. I was thinking of converting it to a second bass drum for some situations.
I bought a shell set with no snare, because I use a black panther walnut one. How does the saturn snare sound?
cool I bet that 18 will make a great 2nd bass... the saturn snare sounds pretty good. It records well... not my fav though...

I do love the sound that these drums produce. They are definately warm...
 

Shalaq

New member
OK I've got the 18 inch floor tom- Beautifully sounding drum. Just put some delicate muffling(handkerchief- waiting for my moongels) and it speaks just amazing. The 16x13 seems so small :)
Seriously, if you play rock, consider playing with the 14 16 and 18 toms tuned high and the 14 as a rack tom- the produce a very round, warm, full tone. I think I'll record my bands record in this configuration.
 

rockstark

New member
Shalaq":1sg7o5us said:
OK I've got the 18 inch floor tom- Beautifully sounding drum. Just put some delicate muffling(handkerchief- waiting for my moongels) and it speaks just amazing. The 16x13 seems so small :)
Seriously, if you play rock, consider playing with the 14 16 and 18 toms tuned high and the 14 as a rack tom- the produce a very round, warm, full tone. I think I'll record my bands record in this configuration.
Post a pic...

and I am sifting through last years pics for a better pic of my kit...
 
Top