Ride Stand

noobdrummer

hey guys just got a new ride but i dont have a stand for it yet. I have a Zildjian Z 20" power ride and ive never had a ride before and it feels pretty heavy. Would a normal double braced boom stand be suitable for it?
cheers

Nessmaster

noobdrummer":36lyabrt said:
hey guys just got a new ride but i dont have a stand for it yet. I have a Zildjian Z 20" power ride and ive never had a ride before and it feels pretty heavy. Would a normal double braced boom stand be suitable for it?
cheers
Never had a ride before :shock: ... Lol, yeah I'm pretty sure it should be able to hold a 20" ride. I have my 20" Paiste 101 on a normal $34 double braced boom stand as well as a Sabian 20" (two cymbals, two stands, lol, not both on one stand) and never had it tipping over yet. Now you might not want to extend the arm out ALL the way, cause THAT might make it real unstable, but other than that yeah, it shouldn't have any problems holding it :wink:

Rob Crisp

It should be fine if you position over a leg as SG said. Don't forget you can get boo stands with counter weights if needs be, but I'd have thought a 20" would be fine on a double braced boom. Mine is! :)

break the prism

as said above, have the arm placed parallel with one of the legs, have the legs open relatively wide, arm at a more upward angle, and try to balance the weight of the cymbal with a significant length of the arm to the opposite end.

or you can do what i did back in the day when i used a really low-end stand. just find something to hang from or wrap around the opposite end of the arm that will counter the weight of the cymbal.

skitch

This is a very heavy ride so, yes, you do want a double braced stand. Take the recommendations above to keep it from tipping on any stand.

Brian L

I actually use a stronger stand for rides. I use a tama roadpro stand, I love it. and i use pdp stands for everything else except for the high hat so it'll match the pedals, but whatever works. you know?