Removal of click pad from bass drum head

I need some advice on how to remove one of these from my bass drum head:

Note, this thing is a piece of metal, it is not pliable or bendable, and the adhesive is super heavy duty. You can't peel it off like a regular slam pad.

I need some advice on how to remove it, without risking damaging my bass drum head, or ripping it. I'm in no position right now to drop 40 bucks on a new Super Kick II head if I damage it, so I want to remove it right.

I'm not too fond of the sound anymore and I got a new one, one of the black double ones. I was getting all click and no punch. I've found that the black ones, because they're thinner and "closer to the surface of the head", sound alot better and more punchy. And it helps my playing. Not as much uncontrolled rebound.

SGarrett

fullmetaldrummer87":391nkww3 said:
But the problem is getting to the adhesive and beginning to pry it off the head before I can use goo gone or alcohol.
Use a hair drier to heat the glue up so you can get a finger nail under an edge. Then use GooGone very patiently until you get it all the way. I used to make vinyl stickers and signs along with installing them.

Bong":2nmo6w37 said:
Sorry, but sounds to me like you have a new reso head with a custom port.
Umm what are you talking about?
The click pad is on the batter head.

Wait...............oh! hahahaha, took me a minute to get it. A joke, I assume. I gotcha now. You meant to say
"You'll have a new reso head............"

I thought about the hair dryer but was afraid to use it, risking ruining the head or warping it or warping the shell.

BillRayDrums":6ihirp05 said:
Well I suppose that adhesive's strength is worthy of a Billy Mays commercial. :)

hahahaha, yea this is pretty strong stuff.

"Call now within the next 20 minutes and you'll get not one, but two jars of Danmar click pad adhesive for only 19.95!!!!!

BillRayDrums

fullmetaldrummer87":2xuzrg5w said:
BillRayDrums":2xuzrg5w said:
Well I suppose that adhesive's strength is worthy of a Billy Mays commercial. :)

hahahaha, yea this is pretty strong stuff.

"Call now within the next 20 minutes and you'll get not one, but two jars of Danmar click pad adhesive for only 19.95!!!!!
Nice try but to be Billy Mays YOU GOTTA YELL IN THAT DAMN ANNOYING TONE.

lol, wait let me try again, this time in the annoying Billy Mays voice.........

CALL NOW WITHIN THE NEXT 20 MINUTES AND YOU'LL GET NOT ONE, BUT TWO JARS OF DANMAR CLICK PAD ADHESIVE FOR ONLY 19.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmellsLikeIan

GOD I HATE BILLY MAYS! But yeah, SG, I was thinking of the hair dryer idea as well....take the head off the drum before you try it, but I don't think it will damage the head.

SGarrett

SmellsLikeIan":f7altht8 said:
GOD I HATE BILLY MAYS! But yeah, SG, I was thinking of the hair dryer idea as well....take the head off the drum before you try it, but I don't think it will damage the head.
It shouldn't damage the head as long as you keep it moving.

BillRayDrums

SGarrett":uebw1nvw said:
SmellsLikeIan":uebw1nvw said:
Try some KABOOM!!
<g>

SGarrett

BillRayDrums":w5gjccnl said:
SGarrett":w5gjccnl said:
SmellsLikeIan":w5gjccnl said:
Try some KABOOM!!
<g>
The bathroom cleaner? (had to go look that up. :D)

BillRayDrums

SmellsLikeIan":2yocok3p said:
BillRayDrums":2yocok3p said:
Try some KABOOM!!
<g>
Oh hell! Or how about some Easy Off BAM! Or maybe the Oxy Clean will do the trick...Someone kill it before it reproduces!
Well that settles that then. The newest Billy Mays pimp "Mighty "....uh excuse me "MIGHTY PUTTY" was borne from the adhesive applied to all DANMAR beater pads.

Maybe Billy Mays will come over and remove that pig for ya.