Remo Tunable Practice Pads

sashowal

Hey, has anyone used these? I can't play my real drums while my daughter is sleeping and my current Vic Firth practice pad has too much bounce.

I'm assuming these have a more realistic rebound since they're real drumheads? Are they quiet?

Thanks!

FiestyRedDrummEr

sashowal":223kj561 said:
Hey, has anyone used these? I can't play my real drums while my daughter is sleeping and my current Vic Firth practice pad has too much bounce.

I'm assuming these have a more realistic rebound since they're real drumheads? Are they quiet?

Thanks!
I hate them.
I had mine, and i actually still do. its trashed. they aren't very durable and not at all realistic. Within 3 months i had trashed it. the screws fall out, and head broke (its replaceable)
The bounce back in horrible. I personally hated it.
Stick to vic firth. its double sided. if the grey side is too much bounceback, try the black side you get more resistance.
and they are LOUD. what a horrbile sound.

skitch

I have one as did my drum teacher - 12". It was all he ever practiced on. They can be loud though and will be louder than a Real Feel. How about a Moon Gel pad. They can also double as breast implants, just in case you get lonely!

Empyrean Drums

Remo pads are a bit loud, but they have a better response then the superball feel pads. The only way you could trash one is if you abuse it