remo powersonic bass drum head

Steven McTowelie

i just got the remo powersonic bass drum head today, a clear 22, and i was just wondering if anyone else has tried this head yet or is interested in it. i've gotta say, it's amazing. i'm not exaggerating when is say i don't think i'll ever buy a new batter head for my bass drum. the snap on esds pad snaps on easily, and at first i thought something like that might make it too dead, but that wasn't the case at all. because of it i no longer need to have internal dampening inside the drum. it gave my kick drum the studio sound i've been trying to duplicate for a long time and i love it! sorry for the long review i'm just really happy with my new purchase. i highly recommend it!

drummert2k

this head is GREAT for close mic situations. get a good mic up to that batter and you're gonna be stopping hearts when you pump it through the PA

Steven McTowelie

drummert2k":1hprsx63 said:
this head is GREAT for close mic situations. get a good mic up to that batter and you're gonna be stopping hearts when you pump it through the PA
i can't wait to play it live this coming weekend, i'll mic it up like you described. when it's sounding this great in the basement i can't wait to hear how it'll be.

twokickdrums

I have played nearly every head on the market..
this is the head i am now playin live and for recording.
It is unmatched.the emad ,superkicks,dont have shit on this head.
I two am sticking with the powersonic

Parrenze

Yehhh i had a look at some of those. Could find anywhere to buy em around here though. How much did it cost you??

dedrummervanrolf

ah, that was totally convenient..I saw this head in my local music store, and I kind of imagined it was a nice one, and i need a new one!
so now I'm just gonna buy it!
thanks!

I have the coated powersonic. I was on a 2 month tour and every sound guy loved my kick sound. I can't say enough about this head, its awesome.

luddyplayer1

you know i've looked at this head many times and thaught about buying it. thanks for the info all. after hearing what you all have said about it, i think i'm going to get one and check it out. Keep Rockin....

Steven McTowelie

Parrenze":lc7vjdbn said:
Yehhh i had a look at some of those. Could find anywhere to buy em around here though. How much did it cost you??
it was $44.99 at my local guitar center, plus i had a postcard for 10 percent off, so i jumped at the chance to buy it. i'm really glad to hear that you guys took my review so positively and will check out the head, you won't be disappointed! i'll never go back to anything else on my kick. to those who already have it and posted, thanks for letting me know that even months from now i'll still love this head. i definitely agree it's the best on the market right now, and i don't make statements like that easily lol.

Mikkey

I'd like to try that head...that is if I was still into Remo products. Problem is Remo has burned me on heads not once, not twice, not even thrice, but four times. Whether it was not having the film attached to the hoop evenly or a crappy crimping job on the side, I decided not to take anymore chances with them. Still looks like an interesting bass head though.

twokickdrums

think i gave 30.00 ea,at guitarcenter,as a judge for the drumoff i get the cost discount..i believe em to be around 45.00 ea.
there durabilty i cannot attest to,ive just started using em..
i change em bout every 3 weeks cause i like the sound and feel of a clean new head..
But its sound and power,punch combonation..is unmatched like i stated b4.
Im playing the clear version and i luv it.
alllows for more resonance than the emad and superkick.
I was skeptical at first cause of its,snap on pillow dampening system but,im not
having to use any eternal muffling any longer which i really like.
Its the shittybangshizniteroo rite outa the box.

well worth a try for any drummer.

Before this head came out, I had been using the Powerstroke 3 clear for my bass drum. I decided to give this head a whirl when it came out, and for only $5 more than the Powerstroke 3, I figured it was worth a shot. When I first used the head, it took a while to get used to. I had a lot of pillows and blankets in my bass drum already, and the dampening system it comes with made the head sound dull and lifeless. With a little bit of tinkering, however, and removal of the snap on dampening system at the bottom, the head sounds better than the old Powerstroke with a hell of a lot more kick and that full, deep sound that I was looking for. Well worth the money.

PDP9000

wow i think im gonna go buy it i have always had trouble with my bass drum heads and how they sound through the PA or recording