Remo Pinstripes

noobdrummer

hey lads just wondering whats the difference between the remo coated pinstripes and the clear pinstripes? im thinking about getting some cause i play heavy rock/metal and i have clear emperors on but dont really like the sound of them.
cheers

Rockula!

This is the first time that I have heard someone say that coated give more attack
Can you explain why? (the attack, not my ignorance)

skitch

noobdrummer":i53pqa1d said:
hey lads just wondering whats the difference between the remo coated pinstripes and the clear pinstripes? im thinking about getting some cause i play heavy rock/metal and i have clear emperors on but dont really like the sound of them.
cheers
You probably really like the fat sound of the Pinstripes. You may aslo want to check out the Remo Powerstroke 4s as well.

drumur

I use pinstripes on my toms.
the only problem with them is that they're inconsistently made.
I tap them until I find the one in each size with the most tone.
If you start with tone, it's easy to get tone.
Some of them tend to be dead.

Brian L

I recently just put remo pinstripe clears on my toms and the remo bottom heads, and i have to say, i'm completely happy. I hope that i will last a long time and I might finally have some money now to put into maybe replacing my dark ride cymbal to match my bright high hats and crash.

Codymunzert

skitch":lu6d6n85 said:
noobdrummer":lu6d6n85 said:
cheers
You probably really like the fat sound of the Pinstripes. You may aslo want to check out the Remo Powerstroke 4s as well.
the powerstroke 4s are good, but coated emporers give a cleaner sound for rock

Joezeppi

I switched from coated ambassadors to clear pinstripes and I've been very pleased with their performance however, I do notice that they don't "cut through" all of the music as good as the coated ambassadors.

Potatoe Snack

i just recently switched from evans clear g2s to clear pinstripes and im lovin it!

i hope i dont that didn't infringe any copyrights...

JasonS2C

Potatoe Snack":2fc38ab2 said:
i just recently switched from evans clear g2s to clear pinstripes and im lovin it!

i hope i dont that didn't infringe any copyrights...
Lol. Thats awesome. I went the other way, from pinstripes to clear G2's awhile ago. I felt the pinstripes were made inconsistently and lost their "liveliness" very quickly compared to anything Evans offers.